Propecia 90 tablets for $60?

incubus99

I went to Costco, unfortunately I was told most insurance companies don't cover Propecia - they wanted $174 for 90 tablets.

Online I found (link removed)

Anyone ever bought generic Propecia from them?

Cause that seems like a damn good deal...

It does seem like a good deal. However, if you check out their "About Us" page it says this:

"Just like your local pharmacy, we are here to help you and assist with any questions or concerns you might have."

...but then goes on to say this:

"Westcoastdrugs is a concierge service and not a pharmacy. Westcoastdrugs is not reselling medicine but providing a service at fees that include the cost of product, local management, shipping and handling. Westcoastdrugs provides an online ordering system that routes prescription drug orders to affiliated licensed pharmacies.

Westcoastdrugs does not recommend or endorse any products that may be mentioned on this website. Westcoastdrugs does not assume any liability for the contents of any material provided on the site. Reliance on any information provided by Westcoastdrugs is solely at your own risk. Westcoastdrugs assumes no liability or responsibility for damage or injury to persons or property arising from any use of any product, information, idea, or instruction contained in the materials provided to you. Westcoastdrugs does not assume any liability that may arise out of the professional services provided by either the affiliated physicians or pharmacists, whether caused by their negligence, action or inaction."

Basically, what that says to me is that theyare selling you a medication that they do not stand behind and take absolutely no responsibility for.

I'm NOT against purchasing medications online, but I am against distributors that take every step possible to avoid any responsibility for their product.

That being said, you can get 20 pills of Merck Proscar from a local pharmacy for about $70. Split into quarters, that's 80 1.25 mg doses of finasteride. Split into fifths (I can't do it, but I've heard of some who can), that's 100 1 mg doses of finasteride. It's probably even cheaper at Costco.

And if you get something that isn't Proscar from them, at least you can sue. icon_smile.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert (and others) - this may be a dumb question, but how hard is it to split proscar into 1/4ths? I definitely want to save money on propecia and alot of people here recommend proscar splitting. My pharmacist is probably biased, but said over the phone its not easy to split proscar. I haven't seen proscar and haven't split medicine before. It sounds like splitting into 1/5ths is tough, but 1/4ths is pretty easy? Thanks for your help

It's not hard. Buy a cheap pill cutter, place the pill in the tray then cut it. Granted it's not perfection, but, I think it's safe to say you can accurately cut it into dosages of 1mg or more on a consistent basis.

It would help if the Proscar pill was completely symetrical, which it isn't, but it's still not that hard...............definitely worth the savings to me.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I agree, it is easy to split Proscar. Buy a $5 pill cutter from Walgreens. It works great.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 1 year later...

hi everybody,

i am new to this forum, altho i do check out other hair-loss sites.

i just wanted to let you guys know that i am a regular user of generic propecia from westcoastdrugs, and i am very satisfied with their product and their service, and of course the price is terrific. i have been buying it from them for about a year now...

anyway, apart from that, i want to know...has anybody heard a new wonder shampoo from brazil which is supposed to help significantly with hair loss? i have a friend who says he bought some years ago, but has forgotten the name, and it worked! and what about bosley? has anybody actually had that done? i would love to talk to a real client, not someone on an ad.. but altho i am interested, until i can afford it, i'm sticking to my propecia, and rogaine, and whatever topical help i can find...any suggestions?

ricky,

Welcome to our community.

Just so you know...this thread is over a year old.

For the record...I feel that buying generic Propecia online is a bit risky. I'm sure there are some legitimate companies out there - but I feel it's best to proceed with caution.

Proscar is the best way to go to save money while splitting the pill into quarters.

There is no such thing as a "wonder shampoo" that helps significantly with hair loss...however, Nizoral and Revita may be helpful to block surface DHT.

Regarding Bosley, I suggest you use the "find" feature of our forum and see what you find. In my experience, unfortunately, there have been more dissatisfied customers than satisfied ones.

Cheers,

Bill

Originally posted by ricky:

hi everybody,

i am new to this forum, altho i do check out other hair-loss sites.

i just wanted to let you guys know that i am a regular user of generic propecia from westcoastdrugs, and i am very satisfied with their product and their service, and of course the price is terrific. i have been buying it from them for about a year now...

anyway, apart from that, i want to know...has anybody heard a new wonder shampoo from brazil which is supposed to help significantly with hair loss? i have a friend who says he bought some years ago, but has forgotten the name, and it worked! and what about bosley? has anybody actually had that done? i would love to talk to a real client, not someone on an ad.. but altho i am interested, until i can afford it, i'm sticking to my propecia, and rogaine, and whatever topical help i can find...any suggestions?

Hi, my name is al and I have been having problems with hair loss for a couple of years.At first I was very distressed and was ready to try any crackpot remedy.I rubbed hormone cream into my scalp,got head massages-I was really desperate. I even did some yoga to reduce my stress levels-and that helped a little bit.I also changed to a healthier diet.But,of course stress returns and in any case it wasn't the complete answer. Then a friend recommended Propecia but I hesitated because of the over-the -counter cost.However a search on the internet brought me to the site Ricky uses,(see previous post)and I was impressed at the cost saving.Also I am very satisfied with the results. To the person who casts doubt on a co which doesn't accept liability I say try it yourself. I can vouch for the fact that their products are very good-no problem.

There has been a lot of question about buying generic finasteride online recently. Based on all the questions, Pat and I have been discussing this and have come to believe that one must be careful before buying anything online. That being said, we've also come to believe that there are legitimate sites out there where one can purchanse generic finasteride.

I recommend considering making your purchases through www.hairlosstalk.com which sells reputable generic finasteride (among other products) at a reasonalbe price.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi,I'm Des and I was reading Robert's post about westcoastdrugs not accepting any responsibility for their products.He has to understand that this is just a disclaimer that every company has to issue these days to protect itself from mischevous lawsuits. Ever bought a houseplant and seen a sign on it like;-"this plant is not to be eaten"? This is because people,in collusion with unscrupulous lawyers,try to bring cos to court to try and extract a money settlement.

So this doesn't mean WCD doesn't stand behind its products. I'm sticking up for them because I've always had good service and good products from them over the years.

Originally posted by Des:

Hi,I'm Des and I was reading Robert's post about westcoastdrugs not accepting any responsibility for their products.He has to understand that this is just a disclaimer that every company has to issue these days to protect itself from mischevous lawsuits.

The only thing I have to understand is that your company has officially absolved itself of any liability from the use of the potentially tainted medication that they sell with their disclaimer.

Originally posted by Des:

So this doesn't mean WCD doesn't stand behind its products. I'm sticking up for them because I've always had good service and good products from them over the years.

If you're only a customer then how would you know what they do and don't stand behind? Is your company so inept to see that sending a liar to stick up for them on forums will only further hurt their reputation?

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...
magalh????es

Real Hair Club Member

Posted August 22, 2007 01:31 AM Hide Post

Sorry to disagree. I buy my generic Finasteride (Finpecia from Cipla) with much better price:

http://www.4rx.com/main.php?Page=Product&Id=18&kbid=6979

Bill,

These links were left in the thread while in others links have been deleted by moderators. Was this an oversight or is this 4rx.com a reputable sight or one the board recommends? If not...

or generic Dutasteride (Avodart):

http://www.4rx.com/main.php?Page=Product&Id=24&kbid=6979

Marylandguy,

I am uncertain whether or not the medication purchased through that site are legitimate or not.

However, I've ONLY been in the practice of removing links that are obvious and blatant promotions whereas I do not believe Megalhaes is promoting these sites being that he's been involved in other topics.

I could however, be wrong.

Bill

• 3 months later...