avodart??

skinnyvi

hello everyone. hey i just started taking avodart. i am taking 1 pill a day & am still taking 1 propecia pill a day. a avodart web site sais DO NOT take propecia & avodart together. should I? has anyone heard of that? is anyone also taking avodart? thanks in advance!!

hello everyone. hey i just started taking avodart. i am taking 1 pill a day & am still taking 1 propecia pill a day. a avodart web site sais DO NOT take propecia & avodart together. should I? has anyone heard of that? is anyone also taking avodart? thanks in advance!!

Taking Avodart and Propecia together is redundant. Don't throw your money away.

I don't use Avodart, but I'll be interested in seeing pre and follow on picts if you are willing to post them. If you stick with Avodart, those picts would REALLY be of help to people posting to this forum, like me.

Anyway, Avodart blocks two enzymes that make testosterone form into DHT. Propecia blocks only one of them. Therefore, as I said, using them together is redundant.

And if the manufacturer also advises against taking them together (even if they don't list possible side effects), then that is even more reason not to take them together IMO.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Griswald:

What does Avodart cost per dose? For example, US-made Proscar costs about $340 for 400 1mg doses, or about 85 cents a dose. I think it is well worth it. Curious about Avodart's cost, though, and where you acquired it and how. Thanks.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I believe it costs 2.50 per pill. I take .5mg.

I got my script from medicalwellness.com and had it filled at rxusa.com. It was for a 30 day supply with 5 refills. With shipping cost me around $75. When I refilled they offered me all 5 months if I wanted it. So I took it. I think the script cost around $50, but not sure I remember.

I will let everyone know later if it works.

Griswald

Griswald:

Thanks so much for the info. Please keep the forum posted on your results and please post a follow up when appropriate.

There is so much hype around Avodart. I'm a bit hesitant to start it because of lack of cases to study on its effect and side-effects.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

• 3 weeks later...

I have been studying avodart with much interest now and am dissapointed with the results. Many people are shedding heavily on it, and no this is not neccessarily a good thing as for many the hair is not growing back. Also it was claimed that avodart blocked 90% of DHT. This may be true for blocking body DHT but it only blocks around 56% scalp DHT, so not as effective as people may think. Furthermore many people have had very bad side effects, swelling of hands, breast enlargement and so on. Furthermore the fact that the company which makes it has cancelled phase 3 trials for it leads me to think that it is not that much more effective than propecia. I dont mean to dishearten anyone on the drug, i really would like it to be the drug that we have been waiting for but at the moment in anycase it doesnt seem to be, i may be proved wrong in the future, we shall have to wait and see.

oms:

Good facts. Thanks for posting.

Avodart may regrow more hair than Propecia in some cases. But it just may not be worth taking it because the possible side effects are too damning.

Propecia's side effects are pretty rare. I've not experienced any of them, be sure.

I'd say in my layman's opinion that if Propecia works for you, probably Avodart will too and possibly even be more effective at regrowing hair. But if Propecia is working with no side effects, maybe that is good enough.

Still, I'm very glad others are taking Avodart and sharing their stories. At least we know.

And yes, I too find it suspicious that the SKB cancelled testing. Those greedy pharma-megacorps would not turn down the opportunity to capitalize on people's fear (about hairloss) unless they really thought that they had a dog on their hands or a trouble-maker.

Just my thoughts.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power