Advice Please

mb29

Hello and thank you in advance for replies.

Im 27yo male NW3 have funds in place and happy to travel anywhere.Just want to make sure I get an excellent transplant and excellent result as Im soo depressed about losing my hair and sick of being the butt of friends jokes.

Ive been thinking either Hasson/Wong or Dr Devroye

havent considered anyone else are these surgeons has anyone here had surgery at either of these places ?

Also should I start taking propecia now or after transplant ?

Hello and thank you in advance for replies.

Im 27yo male NW3 have funds in place and happy to travel anywhere.Just want to make sure I get an excellent transplant and excellent result as Im soo depressed about losing my hair and sick of being the butt of friends jokes.

Ive been thinking either Hasson/Wong or Dr Devroye

havent considered anyone else are these surgeons has anyone here had surgery at either of these places ?

Also should I start taking propecia now or after transplant ?

mb29,

Dr. Hasson, Dr. Wong, and Dr. Devroye are all elite members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. All 3 surgeons have been personally visited by Pat Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network. See the Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics section of the forum for highlights and photos.

Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong have a significant amount more patient results available online for viewing however, I've recently been in contact with Dr. DeVroye and he has expressed interest in getting more involved.

In my opinion, consult with all surgeons you are considering, view patient results photos on and offline, and meet with patients if possible.

I also agree with theEmperor's advice - get some new friends.

Best wishes,

Bill

Has anyone used either Devroye or De Reys in Belgium,De Reys prices seem to be cheaper.Also as much info on Dr Ilter in Stockholm would be appreciated as im most likely going there for a consultation fairly soon?

Talk to Bart (aka Bverotti) on the forums; I know he works w/ Ilter, and he may work w/ De Reys, as well (I know he used to work with both, at the very least).

Just as a heads up, I'm pretty sure Ilter's clinic is solely FUE -- not 100% sure about De Reys.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

To clarify some point regarding Ilterclinic and Prohairclinic.

Prohairclinic (Belgium) has been an FUE only institute since 2004. We have never offered Strip.

Currently most procedures at Prohairclinic are now handled by dr. De Reys and his team of assistants.

The Ilterclinic (Sweden) has offered strip for a short while during the start in 2003. Dr. ILter however is absolutely not a fan of the FUT procedure since he feels that in his hands FUE gives better results. Dr. Ilter performed most of the larger FUE sessions at Prohairclinic until last year. Dr. De Reys was trained under dr. Ilter since he joined prohairclinic in 2005.

Dr. Ilter offers up to 3000 FUE per day, dr. De Reys up to 2500 FUE per day. Both are known for supporting FUE megasessions. We now believe 2000+ FUE is considered a megasession for us.

IMHO both drs are IMHO among the leading FUE docs worldwide.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.