Post surgery

Danielkiwi

Hi Guys

For those of who that have had surgery, how many days were you asked to rest before resuming work. I am asking because i have scheduled my surgery during a very busy week and might have to come back to work the next day. Has anybody done that before.

i think this depends on what work you do.

manual work at least a week ,thats what i took 1st time round.i suppose if your up for it sitting at a desk is not going to hurt,but that IS if you are up to it.my opinion only.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Daniel,

As Balody stated, it depends on what you do for a living.

If you have a desk job however, with virtually no to very little physical labor, you can go back to work the next day though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

I think giving yourself at least a few days to recover is a good idea.

But being functional is different than looking normal. This is a much more complicated answer based on a number of variables.

See When will I look normal after a hair transplant?.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your feedback guys. I have a desk job but it involves dealing with numbers all day long. It does not involve physical labour. Bill, when you say a few days, what does that mean exactly. i am a lil confused because i thought i cud get back to work the next day. if not, then i might have to postpone the surgery.

Danielkiwi...

I think some of the variables Bills thinking about are...

---we all deal with pain/healing differently

How's your ability to deal with pain ??

I think all the guys on here will tell you the next day isn't horrible...but there's some pain/soreness/stiffness....not a great day.

You're taking painkillers most likely...sleepy and groggy all day...couch/TV heaven.

--how big is your job ??

Eight hours in a chair..who wouldn't want the next few days to decompress ??

Are you traveling ??

Airports all that crap...only adds to it.

Alot of the docs websites talk about next day returning to work...you can...but it's a bit of a stretch.

Only my opinion...three days minimum.

More-hair

Thanks for the response More hair....i wud definitely like to take some time off as well. you are right....but i am just thinking....what would be the negative effects if i am thinking and looking at the computer scree all day..would it damage my grafts at all...

Again only my opinion...

A day working at a desk wouldn't effect the outcome of the surgery.

It's not at all impossible to go back the next day to work...it's just going to be a long day.

My doc and many others give you a spray post-op to spritz on your head every thirty minutes while you're awake (keeps the area moist...helps the healing process)

If you're at work...be ready to make 12 bathroom trips during the day....not fun.

As i said...it's possible to return to work...just tough.

My suggestion if possible...take Thurs/fri. off.

Surgery on Thurs..three days off...monday return to work.

That's assuming your a Mon-fri guy.

More_hair

I'd say it depends on your own pesonal situation and there are lots of variables. You should'nt be in so much pain that you can't do a desk job but you won't be feeling 100%. My main objective was to keep my procedure private and wearing a hat in the office wasn't really an option. I did some work the day after the procedure from my hotel but it was over the Internet. I returned to the office 5 days after with some great healing and everything went fine and nobody noticed. If you're wanting to go into work the next day and won't be wearing a hat then the procedure will be VERY noticable. If you're cool with that then go for it. If you're not then next day isn't an option. Maybe you could make up a story like you fell head first into a cactus :-). Good luck.