New to the forum...

Grommit

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile (GREAT RESOURCE!!!) and just got around to posting. I'm a 19 year old who has been experiencing hairloss since about 17.

Obviously hairloss (I'm about a norwood 2 or 3) has had a negative effect on my confidence as a young guy. At this point I'm trying to carefully research all of my available options for the future. I would be grateful for any help and guidance that experienced posters could provide.

I have just recently started taking Propecia, though it is too early to tell if it has had any positive effects.

Thanks so much. I look forward to meeting you all.

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile (GREAT RESOURCE!!!) and just got around to posting. I'm a 19 year old who has been experiencing hairloss since about 17.

Obviously hairloss (I'm about a norwood 2 or 3) has had a negative effect on my confidence as a young guy. At this point I'm trying to carefully research all of my available options for the future. I would be grateful for any help and guidance that experienced posters could provide.

I have just recently started taking Propecia, though it is too early to tell if it has had any positive effects.

Thanks so much. I look forward to meeting you all.

Grommit,

Welcome to our forum community. It's nice to see guests of our community register and decide to participate.

At 19 years old, starting your research and getting on Propecia is the best thing you can do for your hair. You may also want to combine it with Rogaine Foam to give you the greatest chance of restoring your hair.

Give it at least a year before drawing any conclusion as to whether or not it works.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Hey Grommit,

that is a young age to be blessed w/the balding gene. It's hard enough going through those years w/out hair loss, one shouldn't have to be consumed w/counting hairs on their pillow at 19. That sucks and I feel for ya.

Having said that, you were very smart to get on propecia (guess that makes me a total dumb ass because I still havent! icon_eek.gif ); right now your definitely too young for a ht, but perhaps in just a few short years. There are members on this forum (Thanatopsis_Awry) who are only 22 and have had a ht. So there is hope.

On another note, many young guys also experience a slight "widows-peak" of recession, but that does not necessarily mean they are going through MPB. How does yours look? I know you stated NW2-3 but do you feel it is def. not the widows-peak thing going on?

Thanks guys.

NG2GB, yeah I'm pretty sure it's not the widows peak. To be honest it's closer to 3 than 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the Propecia and will look into Rogaine foam. Hopefully if my hair loss can stabilize in the coming years I MIGHT be a candidate in the future.

Grommit,

have you read this inspirational balding tale?

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-transplant-history.htm

Two Grafts Up!!!

*NOTE---he started losing hair at SEVENTEEN!!! Now look at him, he's the Ron Jeremy of the Balding Blog's (Ron HairMe icon_biggrin.gif )...should give you comfort & solace in this time of hair-need...

NG2B,

I have indeed seen Jotronic! Isn't that guy amazing? You are correct that his story is EXTREMELY inspirational for people like me, and for pretty much anyone facing mpb. Good call! HandW do incredible things.

It's a shame to see yet another young comrade having fallen prey to the swift fury of MPB. The only positive thing that can truly be said is that if you can figure out how to survive this (mentally, more than physically) -- which you def can -- then you will truly be stronger on the otherside.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Just survive through meds & concealers.. Then when your are old enough and it makes sense, you can look to a HT to end it .. Worked for me but it was a long road

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hi grommit,

ditto what mrjobi said or if your brave enough shave it for 10 years,thats what i did icon_smile.gif

hopefully by that time you wont need a ht as they will have sorted hair multiplication out,or dare i dream...a cure!

good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

MrJobi and Balody,

Thank you both for the responses. I agree that I'm too young (unfortunately) for a ht now, but I hope the meds kick in so I can hold off as long as possible and see what the future brings. Hopefully something good!!