FUE and want to shave bald

AfriPac

Well I am black male and currently shave bald. I want to continue to shave bald. I am thinking of FUE to give me some hair in a thinning area.

I have few questions:

What does the donor area look like when you shave bald after FUE, does it show scarring?

I mean razor bald like MJ

Is it worth doing

maybe norwood 2/3.

I just need an outline. I realize i will continue to lose hair. so I will shave bald.

by a 1, do you mean razor bald?

does it show Fue scars in the donor area or the receive area?

AfriPac,

If you are going to shave your head completely bald, I'm not so sure that hair transplantation is the answer you are looking for.

Even the very best FUE will show scarring on the sides and back of your head (though minimal) when completely shaved down to skin.

Additionally, you will need a great number of follicular units extracted and transplanted to eliminate the shine factor. And what if your hair continues to recede?

In my opinion, if you are going to shave your head completely bald, consider looking for some kind of product to help minimize the shine. Otherwise, consider taking Propecia and Rogaine to minimize further hair loss and hair transplant surgery to grow hair in thinning or completely bald areas.

Best wishes,

Bill

I see your point. The doc I saw assured me that there would be no scars from FUE even if I shaved bald. I had doubts and thats why I decided to check out. That may save me 15K.

Of course I like hair, I am just buying a couple of years for the industry to advance

Originally posted by AfriPac:

maybe norwood 2/3.

I just need an outline. I realize i will continue to lose hair. so I will shave bald.

by a 1, do you mean razor bald?

does it show Fue scars in the donor area or the receive area?

Would you mean something like floyd mayweather?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thesw...%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img2.time...%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN

By number 1 meant with the machine like jason statham

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://imagecach...%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN

Its usually shorter than that but you get the idea.

I totally see the point in wanting a hair transplant even if you intend on sporting a closely-shaven look. Guys who have a hair line who buzz/shave their heads look a helluva lot better than guys with nothing who do the same. I mean, if you're a NW4 and shave off your hair, no one is fooled; you look bald, and without anything to frame the face. Obviously it's not the conventional advice, but if someone wasn't too concerned about the scarring, I could see the appeal.

Over the past two years I've see a lot of guys who appear to be deeper Norwoods who shave down but also have retained a semi-youthful hairline and a little behind it. There is no detectable scarring, unless they're obscuring it somehow with makeup/concealer. Anyways, whether it's an odd natural pattern, or transplant, I always think they look better with the face framed and a little shadow effect on top than slick, shiny bald and shaved. I've wanted to approach them and ask if they've had work done a few times, but obviously it's impossible to tactfully broach that kind of subject with a complete stranger.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

youngsuccess

youngsuccess, do you think FUE will leave any scars if I shave bald?

The point you made is exactly what I am trying to achieve. Even if I lose hair in the vertex but i have hair in the front, when shaved bald, it does not look that bad.

I think there will be some signs of scarring; however, will the average person suspect a hair transplant? I don't know. I think you could buzz it off with a #1 guard on a clipper without much detectability; a razor is another thing. If we assume that there is going to be scarring, you can still ask yourself if it's better to have the hair and a scar/scars, or no hair and no scarring. You would have to establish a good relationship with a doctor who is willing to plan things the right way.

This is a good example of what I was talking about:

Zinedine-Zidane_Bardou.jpg

This guy Zidane probably has not had a transplant since he has no scar. But if someone told me I was going NW6 and could allocate most of my donor to the hairline and front of the head, I think I would do it. Hypothetically, if these FUE Megasessions actually worked, you could accomplish this. But, I think this might still be feasible if you have the right donor AND can accept the scarring. I know some people are sensitive about the scar issue and I understand why, but honestly even with a scar I think I would look better like this than bald-bald.

-------

Here's another shot, even more revealing:

zinedine_zidane.jpg

This is the type of pattern I've been talking about which I've see a lot in public. Obviously if you have good donor, you could fill in even more. And who knows, with some donor for crown sprinkling and a little dermmatch, you could have a decent look going. Not ideal, and probably somewhat controversial, but could be an option, especially if there are advances in FUE.

-------

I guess I might as well wait for the robotic machine for hair transplant.

Since it uses suction to extract follicular units, I would assume very little scarring or none. Thus could have hair very short/or even bald head.

What I do not understand is why I was assured I would have no scarring by the Doc, with a razor shaved head

Who's the doc? Maybe less scarring because you're black and hair characteristics are usually thicker? I don't know. I don't want to make any allegations, but if he's telling you NO chance of scarring whatsoever, you should probably be suspicious. Most of the top docs who do FUE are very open with the fact that there is still scarring associated with this procedure. It's just usually not as noticeable, and certainly not a linear smiley scar like with strip. I would speak with Dr. Feller. Ah well, I'm off to bed, but keep researching before you do anything! Maybe a doc will weigh in on this.

-------

Just to clarify, there is a huge difference between keeping your hair closely cropped and shaving it completely bald.

I too can see why someone who wants to keep their hair at a one or even two clip on an electric shaver would want a hair transplant. But shaving completely down to a zero and then shaving further with a razor in shaving cream will not show any signs of hair until it starts to grow back.

The guys in the above pictures appear to be shaved down to a one clip, and their hair is apparent, even if rather short. Use a razor on these guys (much like shaving your face), hair no more.

Bill

Its just FUE with a gimmicky name to get your attention,there is no scarless HT as you are having many holes made in your head although to the naked eye they wont be noticed when your hair grows.This company arent offering anything new and their patient examples are not impressive,too few grafts being used which is a common trick so they can draw you back again and again for a touch up!!!!!.Avoid eastern Europe even if it is dirt cheap.Its o.k to get your dental cosmetic/work done their as they have good cheap dentists but not HT.

HT 2006/7