Propecia - First Time User

Just went to a doctor and he gave me a free 1 week trial supply of Propecia. I have a V-Shape hairline.

I'm a little skeptical of this drug, so I did not order any pills yet. If I take these pills for the week, how soon will I notice any change on my head or side effects? Or is one week simply not enough?

I'm 24, about Norwood 2 or 3.

I want to hear your expertise before I give these pills a try. Thanks.

Can someone show me any good link about Propecia for a newbie?

Just went to a doctor and he gave me a free 1 week trial supply of Propecia. I have a V-Shape hairline.

I'm a little skeptical of this drug, so I did not order any pills yet. If I take these pills for the week, how soon will I notice any change on my head or side effects? Or is one week simply not enough?

I'm 24, about Norwood 2 or 3.

I want to hear your expertise before I give these pills a try. Thanks.

Can someone show me any good link about Propecia for a newbie?

www.propecia.com is a good start. Just realize that it is run by Merck, who makes the drug and wants you to buy it.

One week isn't NEARLY enough to know anything about how the drug will affect you. I'd say minimum one month and three months is better.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Most men don't notice any results until 3 months. As vocor said, 1 week is not enough time. However, you might notice some "side effects" within two weeks. Side effects does not always mean something bad. For example, you'll probably notice a decrease in body hair (chest, legs, arms, etc.) since DHT is used in that hairs production. Some men, myself included, noticed an increased libido. The most horrifying side effect is DEcreased libido, which occurs in less than 2% of men taking propecia (according to Merk's testing). So an increase certainly is not a negative side effect. icon_razz.gif

Another thing you need to be aware of is that you might experience some slight shedding before the 3 month mark. Don't give up hope just yet. This is a sign that the drug is indeed working and that healthier, stronger hair will grow. Depending on your current hair loss condition, you might not even notice this shedding phase.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I think the true mark of Propecia success or no-success is 1 year, this gives your body ample time to stabilize and the growth cycle time to really go through the motions fully.

Things could change or occur sooner, but it is a slow acting drug, and hair takes a few months min. to really grow out.

NW