Black Man on Board

Cool! icon_cool.gif

Nice to see things are starting early for you.............just in time for Santa to see, eh?

Merry Christmas! Hey, you're getting one of the best gifts of all.........NEW PERMANENT, NON-MPB SUSCEPTIBLE HAIR icon_biggrin.gif !!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey Fullhead,

Is that really a photo of you or is that Quincy Jones? icon_smile.gif You look great and it seems very early in the process. Good for you. Make sure you continue to post as we are all looking forward to seeing your progress. I have a sense that there may be more coverage than I had originally thought for you. Unless it is my imagination, it seems like when you let your donor hair longer it made the coverage area appear smaller?? It seems usually the opposite for us caucasions. Does anyone else see that or is it just me over analyzing? I think that the hairline chosen is perfect. Given time you are going to be very satisfied with things.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 2 months later...

Wow,

Nice change from month 3 to month 6!!! Looks very natural, congratulations. You are not completly grown out yet so things will only get better and better.

How is your scar area and what length do my Black Brothers have to keep your hair to prevent the scar from showing?

I always thought that was the real risk for African-Americans. On the plus side, your recipient area needs less grafts than most to cover nicely.

Looking good my friend icon_wink.gif

NoBuzz

Hey Fullheadofhair, It loks like you might have a full head of hair soon!

I have watched your progress & it looks great at the 6 month mark!

You should be pleased that you are over the will it grow stage?! It is Growing!

Congrats man I'm glad for you.

Now I need stop being a chicken shit & get mine done!

Phenominal coverage at 6 months and only 1800 grafts. You have to be ecstatic? Good for you. Things look great. Keep us posted.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 2 weeks later...

That is off the hinges slim!!!!

Yours was the first thread that i could relate to when I started on this forum. i found one more that was posted a week or so after yours that I could really relate to... http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152079

I'm pretty much in this guy's category but either way yours was the first one to truly inspire me. I wasn't sure the success rate in black patients but looking at the two of you i feel a little more reassured. i'm originally from the washington dc area but I now reside in kansas city. If i was still in the area I would most definetly go to your doc but I think i found a good doc out here in Dr. Buchwach. I'm really interested to see your donor scar though....i have a feeling that being black and keeping our hair a little shorter compared to white/fine hair that it would be easier to see the scar...

...if you get a chance please post that pic...

...judging by your 6month picture you probably are long and far away from revisiting this site now that your "problem" has been resolved....i don't blame ya....but if you are still around and before you go and cornroll your hair...lol... please post that donor scar...i'm really interested in seeing a picture...

...thks in advance