Hairless in Connecticut

Core9

I live in Ct and I've noticed that most of the docs discussed on the board are in Canada, Florida, Austrailia, are there any recommended docs in the Northeast? Any in NYC that someone could recommend.

Thanks.

I live in Ct and I've noticed that most of the docs discussed on the board are in Canada, Florida, Austrailia, are there any recommended docs in the Northeast? Any in NYC that someone could recommend.

Thanks.

Core9

I highly recommend Dr Beehner in Saratoga Springs, NY. His clinic is not too far from Albany, probably 2 1/2 to 3 hours from anywhere in CT. I've just had my 2nd procedure done by Dr Beehner (Sept 19th) and the recovery is going even easier than the 1st. Of course you have others to choose from in the Northeast but I felt that Dr Beehner's extensive expertise in the HT field, his friendliness and accessibility to answer any questions I had made it an excellent fit for me. His staff is great and will make your surgery day a breeze. Check out his website, which you can get to from this forum.

I spent months researching and talking with doctors, but when I found Dr Beehner I knew he was the right choice for me.

By the way, I was a Norwood 6 (bordering on a 7) and even the first session has made a tremendous difference for me. The 2nd was to add more density and I'm already planning for further sessions to refine things further. Let me know if I can answer any further questions you may have.

[This message was edited by phl on September 29, 2003 at 10:18 AM.]

Core9,

I've read your previous posts and it sounds as if you've been through a very negative and unhappy experience.

What is important is that you choose the very best HT surgeon, not where that surgeon is located. Don't be afraid to hop on a plane.

I also live in CT and travelled to Hasson&Wong. Check out my story below.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I went to Dr. Bernstein in NYC and found him to be extremely professional. Since I am only at 3 months, I can't really describe my final results. But I can tell you that my donor scar and recipient sites healed unbelievably fast. I went to him because of his reputation and the positive impression I got when I met him.

Newhair has workshops where you can meet patients and ask questions, so this might be something to look into. But you shouldn't be afraid to travel if you find a doctor you like because most reimburse for airfare. Good luck.

Dr. Feller is on Long Island and does FUE. In my opinion though, you shouldn't limit yourself to geographical area. Many top doctors offer free travel, and hotel, so don't think that closer will be cheaper.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

Micro,

As a repressed electical engineer and accomplished computer hardware designer and prototyper I must say I LOVE this statement!

If you solve the following simple problem I will give you 50 free grafts.

01 + 10 + 11 = ?

Dr. Feller