How many hair transplants

How many hair transplant can be done.

My case : 3' ; did my first 8 years ago (300 grafts with a strip) 2 years later (another 300 with a strip) and 2 years later (another 300 with a strip); if i had know at first that it will take me 3 session and all that money; i guess i would have been waiting/// However today all the non tranpslanted hair in front have fallen and remain only the transplanted which is still very thin so i really need another one; but i was wondering how many session max one can do ? what would be more advisable strip or fue ? i don t live in the states rather in europe; what would you advise me (France, Turkey, Israel or save more money which can take longer time and come to the states)

How many hair transplant can be done.

My case : 3' ; did my first 8 years ago (300 grafts with a strip) 2 years later (another 300 with a strip) and 2 years later (another 300 with a strip); if i had know at first that it will take me 3 session and all that money; i guess i would have been waiting/// However today all the non tranpslanted hair in front have fallen and remain only the transplanted which is still very thin so i really need another one; but i was wondering how many session max one can do ? what would be more advisable strip or fue ? i don t live in the states rather in europe; what would you advise me (France, Turkey, Israel or save more money which can take longer time and come to the states)

no more piddily 300 sessions. I did that with my first. That does nothing for aestetics.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

what would be more advisable strip or fue ? i don t live in the states rather in europe; what would you advise me (France, Turkey, Israel or save more money which can take longer time and come to the states)

I would recomment 2 things:

1. Go for strip if you want maximum coverage. The only good results I've seen with FUE were for "touch ups" after strips or scar repair. As cas' says, 2000 is really the minimum figure. Post some pics if you want more advice on this.

2. DON'T GO ANYWHERE IN EUROPE FOR STRIP procedures. European docs are ALL bad, no exception. They are way behind their North American colleagues when it comes to technique. I would only trust DHI in Greece for FUE, but nobody else. You will find that a lot of US & Canada surgeons actually refund your airfare, so distance should not be a factor in your choice.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Thanks very much for the advice; i m really hesitating...Are you fully satisfied?

Can u tell me if REALLY you feel at ease with sunlight and wind ?

i will post new pict to have your adivces...

Can you tell me if Doc Shapiro is one of those who refund the airfare.?

The average person has 4,000 to 5,000 FUs available to transplant (some more/some less depending on thickness)

With each HT you create scarring and shock loss (degree of which varies) and this limits some of the "total orginal amount available."

You have only had 900 grafts--so I would say you could have a couple more HT left depending on your density-- Skilled surgeons are doing up to 3-4,000 Fu per surgery. But make sure you do your research and get a suberb doctor recommended by both patients and peers (fellow doctors).