help about balding in younger years

I'm a newbie at this website. I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness at the age of 15 and with seborrheic dermatitis at the age of 14. I am currently 16. I have tried Rogaine - no result. The doctor has not given me a prescription for propecia b/c of my age.

I have also tried other shampoos for the dermatitis - results were mildly successful.

I have already lost a significant portion of hair at the temples and at the top of the head toward the back.

Can anyone here advise me on what to do? - I fear I will be bald in my early 20s.

Any reply would be appreciated.

I'm a newbie at this website. I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness at the age of 15 and with seborrheic dermatitis at the age of 14. I am currently 16. I have tried Rogaine - no result. The doctor has not given me a prescription for propecia b/c of my age.

I have also tried other shampoos for the dermatitis - results were mildly successful.

I have already lost a significant portion of hair at the temples and at the top of the head toward the back.

Can anyone here advise me on what to do? - I fear I will be bald in my early 20s.

teenbaldie, your situation sounds a little confusing to me. I have not heard of MPB in someone of your age. I am not in any way qualified to give medical advice, but a second opinion might be beneficial to you. Perhaps your problem is dermatological in origin. Let us know how you are doing. Terry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard of male pattern hair loss in people as young as 15, although it's quite rare. Your doctor probably won't prescribe you Propecia because I believe Merck indicates that you should be at least 18. I would stick with the rogaine and also add Nizoral to your regimen. Nizoral will help with your seborrheic dermatitis and will lesson the itching you experience from Rogaine. Nizoral also has some mild anti-DHT properties. And like the other poster had stated, get a couple of opinions from some other doctors.

• 2 years later...

You could try out some herbal remedies out there, you never know as it might work well.

Good luck ! Cheers

Signature Removed

<span class="ev_code_red">Important Moderator Note:</span>

Blatant Promotions and Solicitations are not allowed here. See our terms of service for more information.

Failure to comply to these rules will result in suspension of posting privileges. Thank you.

Bill - Moderator

I have heard of some people balding very early. I had a friend in college who was a N6 at about 20 or so .. It really must be tough but hang in there buddy

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest shreyas24

If you are facing baldness at the age of 15 it's a sever hair loss problem, you can choose PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Treatment. It definitely helps you to recover you temples and where thin hair you have too. So for more details you should consult any Dermatologist in your city.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I have seborrheic dermatitis. Did try every possible shampoo on the market, coal tar, zink pirithione etc with no results. After hair transplant, doctor Demirsoy gave me Sebamed everyday shampoo. I am using it daily and since then my itching problems has stopped or reduced to minimal impact. I had so much itching before that I was waking up in the middle of the night. Go buy Sebamed for everyday use and one for hair loss. It's cheap enough to give it a try.

• 1 month later...

I'd look at the chlorine dioxide protocol, see genesis2church dot org; Bob Beck protocol with stories regarding topical 15-25 ppm colloidal silver and pulsed magnetic field device, bobbeck dot com; amazing1 dot com has a low cost pulsed electro magnetic field device. A Dutch study stated that concentrated flax hull lignans could be the cure for bald and thinning hair, see lignans dot net.

Pau D' Arco tea works with many skin diseases.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest salvador

Platelet Rich Plasma, also known as PRP, is a process with the help of Hair Transplant in Dubai technique that involves separating blood platelets from your own blood and injecting them into the bald area after lab test to make sure is that hygienic health of view or not.

Edited by Admin
Promotional links removed

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My balding started at round 30 and I was getting really worried. Best thing you can do is see a doctor and he'll give you the required advice.

Herbal remedies are the way I tackled the problem, but it's different with each individual.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a kid in my year at school who was wearing hats a LOT around 15 and at college (16 and 17 in the uk) you would never see him without a hat. i remember seeing he was going towards NW6 around the age of 20, when i saw some hatless pictures. So yeah, it can happen in early teen years. Must really fucking suck for you, bro. Hang in there. Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Edit: Damn, sorry. just noticed the thread is 10 years old T_T my bad hahahah

• 2 months later...
Guest pranitclinicspots

teenbaldie, the situation is really not good as hair is an important part of our personality. As you have consulted a doctor it did not result into the solution, My advise would be that you consult a good hair transplant clinic and contact a good hair surgeon who can help you with your problems, Good luck with that!

Guest pranitclinicspots

hie teenbaldie,I know that hair is a part of personality. I advise you to consult a good hair clinic and take consultation from a good hair transplant surgeon. You have been to the doctor and have taken advises but none of them worked it seems. Good luck and take consultation !

• 1 month later...

How long did you try to use Rogaine? I've read that most treatments for hair loss including rogaine and propecia will require at least 3 months of consistent application to see noticeable results.

Edited by Admin
Removed promotional link

Hi, Talking about dandruff which is the result of dry scalp or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. There are several reasons of causing this such as eczema, psoriasis or very commonly, an overgrowth of yeast like fungus namely malassezia.

So to prevent hair dandruff problems we can go for the most reliable tips which is even available in the home practices

Tea tree oil: 5 % tea tree oil is significant improvise the severity of dandruff.

Baking soda : Apply handful baking soda on your wet hair vigorously into your scalp skip shampoo & go right to rinsing.

These are the natural tips for prevention of hair dandruff and get rid of most of the hair itchiness !

Hopefully this tips are useful to you!