Need Advice - Deciding Between Dr. Hasson and Dr. Rahal

Hi

I'm new to this forum. Im 24 years old and am considering a hair transplant.

I have chosen two doctors (I am yet to decide among them): Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal for my transplant. I have a few questions about them I thought you could help me with.

Does Dr hasson perform transplants on younger patients?

Which of the above doctors provides the best density and I would also like to know which one of them can create the most natural hairline.

Thanks Guys.

Hi

I'm new to this forum. Im 24 years old and am considering a hair transplant.

I have chosen two doctors (I am yet to decide among them): Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal for my transplant. I have a few questions about them I thought you could help me with.

Does Dr hasson perform transplants on younger patients?

Which of the above doctors provides the best density and I would also like to know which one of them can create the most natural hairline.

Thanks Guys.

I get to be the first to chime in...

hair-care, both of these Doctor's turn out beautiful work. I suggest you consult with both (or more). If possible, visit each as this is a big decision and investment.

I'm sure any Doctor would want to know your experience with Propecia/ finasteride, especially given your age.

In many cases, these meds slow or halt hairloss. Some more fortunate folks have had some re-growth.

Regardless, most surgeons would want you on Propecia/ finasteride for several (6?) months prior to a procedure.

Good luck & keep us posted!

BTW, on the age question...

I've seen many posts of successes on patients in your age group.

However, a coalition Doctor needs to be seen. S/he will tell you if you are a good candidate at this time.

hair_care, Any ethical doctor will be able to point you in the right direction. And it sounds like you've shorted-listed 2 of the best.

I started looking into HTs when I was 26 and put it off for another 4 years. Toppik and Dermmatch helped me conceal what i was losing during that time. Schedule some consultations with multiple doctors and see what they have to say. It may help to take pictures of what your hairline looked like before you started losing your hair, and what your dad's hairline looks like (if you're following a family pattern of baldness).

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

hair_care,

Welcome to our forum community.

Great responses from our dedicated forum members so far.

In my opinion, cases can be made for younger patients getting a hair transplant, but there is much to consider. Both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Rahal are ethical surgeons that will steer you in the right direction. Look through their patient photos and consult with both. I'd feel confident in both of their chairs without hesitation.

You may want to consider getting on Propecia and/or Rogaine which may prevent future loss and possibly even reverse it. Speak to a physician about these drugs and learn about their benefits and potential side effects.

I hope this helps.

Bill

you shouldn't short list docs without consulting first. i think a better way to start out is to have a list of 5-7 docs, consult, and then whittle it down to top choices. you will be surprised at how different docs will have different approaches and plans....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks Guys

I really appreciate the overwhelming response.Could you guys give me a little info on how to go about the consultations. Do I have to fly to vancouver and ottawa respectively or can I get a consultation in the states itself ?

Thanks again for the replies guys.

Hair care,

Consultations can be done via email+pics and a phone call. Its a great start with the two docs you started with. I got my HT at 25 now I'm 26, my 2 cents find a doc that suits your LONG TERM GOAL. Remember my friend chances are you'll need another one. Im in the same boat as you are, I know you wanna get an awesome dew and get your 20's back, and you will, but remember your source is finite. Consult with many docs and remember LONG TERM, you still will have a great deal satisfaction just do research and choose wisely, which you obviously are doing...

You only live once...

hair_care,

Feel free to start with using our free online consult form. By filling in some information about yourself and adding a few photos, you can select which surgeons to send your consultation to and then go from there.

If you don't hear back in a few days, following up with a phone call is optimal icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

hair_care,

Feel free to start with using our free online consult form. By filling in some information about yourself and adding a few photos, you can select which surgeons to send your consultation to and then go from there.

If you don't hear back in a few days, following up with a phone call is optimal icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

To Bill's point, this is what I did when I consulted with H&W and Dr. Shapiro and the process was very easy and very efficient. Within a matter of 24-hours I was contacted by both clinics with an email.

H&W provided estimates over the phone, while Dr. Shapiro insisted upon a phone consultation. While I didn't actually consult with Dr. Rahal, his high density hairlines and great results speak volumes for themselves!

Good luck!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog