Dr Humayun Pakistan Hair Transplant Surgeon Review

I think it is healthy to have a discussion about the different techniques and idea's involved in HT surgery.

Yes I agree the Dr has been very open about his procedure as every Dr should be. Just for the record I think the Dr Humayun is an excellent surgeon and that is why I have booked my hair transplant surgery with him. The Dr does everything in his power to ensure the quality and the skill of his technicians is the best in world.

Ammo and Romeone1,

I have no problem with either of you asking legitimate questions. But in many of your posts, you do appear to be implying that Dr. Mohmand's methods are flawed. Perhaps you're not doing this intentionally, but you have both brought up private conversations you've had with patients who are allegedly less than satisfied, and have made some unfair comments.

Ammo, demanding a patient to ask for a full refund 6 months after a procedure is preposterous. You are either a complete newbie or extremely over-paranoid. Nonetheless, your claims are damaging and only spread unnecessary fear to other new researchers visiting this community.

Romeone1, overall, I think your questions have been fair and generally inquisitive which is perfectly acceptable. But a few snide sounding comments here and there make me question whether or not you're genuine.

Again, ask your questions, but leave your unfair assumptions off of this forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Originally posted by Megatron:

I just wanted to thank Dr. Humayun for great info and being completely open. The one thing I think is a little odd about this site is that some patients / onlookers think they know just as much as the doctors that post here. I'm not referring to you guys who posted in this thread, but just in general.

In my few months of research I've drawn some conclusions myself on various HT topics. But, I'm not performing HTs or talking/evaluating patients everyday. Therefore, I wouldn't even dare try to contradict what a doctor has kindly dislosed for our information purposes.

The great thing for us is we have the right to choose. If you feel more comfortable with one doctor's methods as opposed to anothers then you need not worry how other doctors in other countries perform their work.

just my 2 cents

Megatron, you make some sweeping statements here. I personally actually think that it is very important to ask and raise questions about doctors' methods and standards. In fact, holding doctors to the highest standards acts as the best check for optimal results.

By the way, I can remember instances where a doctor was contradicted or corrected by posters on this forum (such as Bill, Thana, B Spot, etc.).

Overall, things should be kept balanced and fair, without taking sides. If a doctor is employing questionable techniques or turning out sub-optimal results, s/he should be held accountable (and asked questions), just like if a doctor is turning out superb results, s/he should be applauded and his/her work appreciated.

If I have made some unfair comments then I apologise for this. Bill I don't appreciate being put in the same boat as ammo because I think he is far more judgmental than I am. I also think you are slightly paranoid not everyone that raises concerns about HT surgery or a HT surgeon is "out to get them". If you had taken the time to read my previous post you would have known that I am more than happy with most of Dr Humayums replies.

I only brought up these issues because I was hoping a member of this forum and maybe even Dr Humayun maybe able to address these concerns. So far Dr Humayun has been very open and understanding which is very reassuring.

Forrest Gump your response to Megatron is excellent and I agree with you 100%. Thanks

Romeono1,

You are right. Ammo is clearly the one making unfair, judgmental remarks. Your comments have been more subtle, yet some have implied that Dr. Mohmand's results are less than optimal.

An example of this was when you were discussing what you've obtained privately from alleged dissatisfied patients, which you later admitted (only after I called you out on it I might add) that some of them weren't fully grown out.

I'm usually inclined to let the cards fall where they lie. However, when I see evidence of potentially unfair agendas (especially from brand new members), I call them like I see them. There's nothing "paranoid" about this. It's my responsibility to keep this forum safe, balanced, and fair for all.

As I said, I have no problem with you asking questions. Just be careful of making unfair blanket statements and assumptions.

Regards,

Bill

Billo quote: "An example of this was when you were discussing what you've obtained privately from alleged dissatisfied patients, which you later admitted (only after I called you out on it I might add) that some of them weren't fully grown out."

You are right, as I am a new member I wasn't aware of the "etiquette" required in this forum. I still stand by the fact that some patients have expressed concerns over their growth rate, as I said I am happy to let you or Dr Humayun know who they are in private.

Yes I did admit that some of them hadn't reached the 12 month post op period but I didn't know this was a requirement before a patient or a forum member is allowed to make an assessment on the growth rate of their hair or for them to raise their concerns.

One example is Littlewolf he has just reached the 6 month post op period but the Dr has admitted that he may not achieve the results he anticipates and has very kindly offered him a free surgery.

I have no doubt that cases like Littlewolfs are very rare. Any surgeon in the world can be affected by the x factor and the h factor.

Some of the Dr Humayun's patients on this forum that have noticed excellent results include:

Dr Zia

Imran from Manchester

Picasso

Abby

I encourage everyone that is considering using Dr Humayun for their hair transplant surgery to check out the hairloss website of the above members. I am sure you will be very impressed with the results.

Here is a link to some more of his great work:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...or-ver2.asp?DrID=469

Keep up the good work Dr Humayun!

Romeono1, I have some issues with the use of concealers for post-op pictures. This has nothing to do with the original premise of this thread but pertains to your last post.

I have no idea who Abby is and my comments have nothing to do with him, but I am always apprehensive about people posting post-op pictures, which can be HIGHLY misleading. I personally use concealers (Toppik) occasionally, and it makes a HUGE difference to the illusion of density. I am always worried about "dishonest" clinics posting post-op pictures with concealers... and naive patients falling into their traps... I personally almost fell into a similar trap a few years ago, when I almost signed up with a clinic after I saw their too-good-to-be-true post-op photos (e.g., NW3 patients getting dense coverage with 1000 grafts). Now I know that they were possibly using concealers. Luckily, I found this forum just in time, and I finally ended up doing my HT with a coalition doctor last year...

So all potential patients need to be aware of the possible (mis)use of concealers by "dishonest" clinics.

Originally posted by Forrest Gump:

Romeono1, I have some issues with the use of concealers for post-op pictures. This has nothing to do with the original premise of this thread but pertains to your last post.

I have no idea who Abby is and my comments have nothing to do with him, but I am always apprehensive about people posting post-op pictures, which can be HIGHLY misleading. I personally use concealers (Toppik) occasionally, and it makes a HUGE difference to the illusion of density. I am always worried about "dishonest" clinics posting post-op pictures with concealers... and naive patients falling into their traps... I personally almost fell into a similar trap a few years ago, when I almost signed up with a clinic after I saw their too-good-to-be-true post-op photos (e.g., NW3 patients getting dense coverage with 1000 grafts). Now I know that they were possibly using concealers. Luckily, I found this forum just in time, and I finally ended up doing my HT with a coalition doctor last year...

So all potential patients need to be aware of the possible (mis)use of concealers by "dishonest" clinics.

I couldn't agree more. I never understood my people post pics with toppik in their hair. Perhaps they're somehow trying to build their own self esteem by enhancing their results. But, the whole point of the blogs is to get feedback from others. Using toppik not only defeats that purpose, but also misleads others.

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

This post seems old but I am sure there are many who still bump into this while doing their research for a reliable HT in Pakistan so updating it as it might help some of them.

I am a British Pakistani, living in the UK. After initial research I started exchanging emails with consultants of all three big HT names in Pakistan(Dr. Humayun, Dr. Nasir, and Dr. Asad Toor). I picked Dr. Humayun for further research mainly because his consultant Dr. Shahid Jamil was better with his response time and he also tried to address some of my main concerns/questions(even though I still feel that there is quite a room for improvement).

I sent him my pictures and he suggested that with me being IIIA, I will need 2000 to 2300 grafts. I had read some posts about Dr. Humayun's two step methodology which Dr. Humayun himself has attested on few occasion so I was really shaky. I shared my concerns with Dr. Shahid in the email and over the phone. He assured me that in my case, for existing baldness, COVERAGE and DENSITY will be taken care of in one session. This was quite a relief so I decided to book the surgery with Dr. Humayun. My face to face consultation is booked for 13th and surgery for 14th of this month (yes, they do work on Saturdays, thankfully). I am looking forward to it and will update the post from time to time for the benefit of all.

I will post the same message to any other discussion that I see on this forum, related to HT in Pakistan.

• 3 weeks later...

OK.....I got my transplant done now am back in the UK. About experience.....Dr. Humayun's consultant is friendly and reasonably good. He tried his best to answer any question and concern I had in our face to face consultation(which was scheduled one day ahead of the surgery....... since I was traveling from UK, I relied upon the online/email consultation to book the surgery before flying to Pakistan). I was asked to get few tests done with my blood. There is a lab opposite to Dr. Humayun's Islamabad clinic that seems reasonably equipped and good and works 24/7. They charged around Rs 4,600/- for those tests.

Let me list down the surgery experience in different points:

- A team of 3 technicians works in the theater. They seemed to know what they were doing. All of them were very friendly.

- Dr. Humayun doesn't talk much. Even though he is a friendly person and tries to answer if you ask anything but I was probably expecting him to be more interactive. Not sure it's because he runs 3 surgeries at the same time and has to rush through things but Dr's interaction is something i thought could be a litle more than what it was.

- Surgery itself is virtually painless, only little thing i felt was during the anesthesia but that is also very bearable. I was perfectly OK when the portion was taken out from my donor area and after my head was stitched from the back. I got up and took photos of technicians working on the grafts taken from the donor area.

- Once Technicians sort out the grafts, the actual transplantation work starts. In my case that took about 3-4 hours. In the end i was told that a total of 2,489 grafts were used in my case (I don't think there is a way to verify that so you have no choice but to trust the number that they tell you).

- After the surgery you get a briefing about post surgery do and dont's and medication etc. You get a prescription of around 6 different kind medication that you need to buy from any pharmacy. Medication isn't expensive.

- First 48 hours after surgery are critical. Extra care is required. You get all the instructions listed down on a paper after post surgery briefing. List includes instructions for first 48 hours as well as first 10 days.

- I didn't feel much pain even after surgery. Only a little for 24-36 hours buy very much bearable, and discomfort.

- I got my stitches removed on 10th day. In a short briefing Mr. Shahid Jamil (consultant) mentioned that numbness of donor area takes time (in some cases months) to go away completely.

- My Surgery is almost 3 weeks old now and the transplanted hair have started to fall (which was expected). I was told that it will take 7-8 months before I get first hair cut for my transplanted hair. Long way to go still but I hope it all turns out to be what I expected from the this transplant. Should update this thread again then.

• 4 weeks later...
OK.....I got my transplant done now am back in the UK. About experience.....Dr. Humayun's consultant is friendly and reasonably good. He tried his best to answer any question and concern I had in our face to face consultation(which was scheduled one day ahead of the surgery....... since I was traveling from UK, I relied upon the online/email consultation to book the surgery before flying to Pakistan). I was asked to get few tests done with my blood. There is a lab opposite to Dr. Humayun's Islamabad clinic that seems reasonably equipped and good and works 24/7. They charged around Rs 4,600/- for those tests.

Let me list down the surgery experience in different points:

- A team of 3 technicians works in the theater. They seemed to know what they were doing. All of them were very friendly.

- Dr. Humayun doesn't talk much. Even though he is a friendly person and tries to answer if you ask anything but I was probably expecting him to be more interactive. Not sure it's because he runs 3 surgeries at the same time and has to rush through things but Dr's interaction is something i thought could be a litle more than what it was.

- Surgery itself is virtually painless, only little thing i felt was during the anesthesia but that is also very bearable. I was perfectly OK when the portion was taken out from my donor area and after my head was stitched from the back. I got up and took photos of technicians working on the grafts taken from the donor area.

- Once Technicians sort out the grafts, the actual transplantation work starts. In my case that took about 3-4 hours. In the end i was told that a total of 2,489 grafts were used in my case (I don't think there is a way to verify that so you have no choice but to trust the number that they tell you).

- After the surgery you get a briefing about post surgery do and dont's and medication etc. You get a prescription of around 6 different kind medication that you need to buy from any pharmacy. Medication isn't expensive.

- First 48 hours after surgery are critical. Extra care is required. You get all the instructions listed down on a paper after post surgery briefing. List includes instructions for first 48 hours as well as first 10 days.

- I didn't feel much pain even after surgery. Only a little for 24-36 hours buy very much bearable, and discomfort.

- I got my stitches removed on 10th day. In a short briefing Mr. Shahid Jamil (consultant) mentioned that numbness of donor area takes time (in some cases months) to go away completely.

- My Surgery is almost 3 weeks old now and the transplanted hair have started to fall (which was expected). I was told that it will take 7-8 months before I get first hair cut for my transplanted hair. Long way to go still but I hope it all turns out to be what I expected from the this transplant. Should update this thread again then.

Thank you for taking the time and talking to me in person regarding your experience. I am feeling a lot more confident and less anxious after talking to you.

I have my HT scheduled for November 04. I will update this forum with my experience after that.

• 2 months later...

State/mood: A bit anxious, little confused and waiting.

Ok..it's been 4 months now. Couple of things to mention:

- I feel that I have rapidly lost hair from some more area(just a little though) around the transplanted area in first 3 months of the surgery. I was thinking maybe it's just me but my hair dresser also noticed that. I do not think it's just a continuation of me losing hair because I have never experienced that kind of a rapid loss in short period of time. Not sure if this is normal....?????? Nobody mentioned this to me prior surgery though.

- Hair have grown on the transplanted area in 4 months but the density is no where near satisfactory to me. Even though I was assured that maximum possible density will be given to avoid the need of second session. I understand that it can never be as good as the result of two sessions but still expected better than what I have at present. That being said, it's just been 4 months....I was told that hair will start growing from 3-4 months onwards....so still waiting and hoping for better results.

OVERALL: Looks OK....as I can see hair growing in transplanted area....but waiting will it to get better in next few months.