When do you see the results

bigniq1523

I had my hair done 24 weeks ago and still i only see a couple hundred hairs that look like stray hairs. Do more come in or what is the problem? How long until it will blend in with the rest of my scalp, and look thick enough to act as my new hairline?

I had my hair done 24 weeks ago and still i only see a couple hundred hairs that look like stray hairs. Do more come in or what is the problem? How long until it will blend in with the rest of my scalp, and look thick enough to act as my new hairline?

HT hair remains dormant for 6-8 weeks, at 6 months you should have around 50-60% growth and it continues around 10% per month-- some people are slower and some faster-- it depends. You will not achieve 100% of the visual improvements until around 12months on the average. I assume given your at 24 months, the next month you should have good growth. Start using Rogaine on the grafts to help jump start the growth and take MSM to give the FUs nutrients. Assume your also taking propecia.

Best of luck and be patient-- your at the stage where it is about to take off.

Had it done by dr. williams, i highly recommend him, he's a really cool guy, he made it a more relaxed environment and talks to you like a friend! I had 1300 put in. One more thing, you say that i should be having about 10% per month, but i don't see any graft stubs. When i started seeing growth at first i could see the stubs, but right now i can't see any, are they not visable at this point or what? Yes i am taking propecia.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by bigniq1523:

I am thinking of getting a HT with Dr. Williams as well. As your growth gotten better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

bignig1523,

It sounds like you're sprouting a little slow versus the average. Smoothy's post gave you a good indication of the process and time frame involved. If you don't experience better results in the next month or so I'd call your doc.

MtBaldy- MSM can speed up hair growth in many cases. I do not believe it will make any newly transplanted grafts "come alive" quicker. Just grows hair faster when it's already growing. I'm taking 3000mg per day.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.