Does anyone else find this bothersome about Avacor?

vocor1

Okay, so now there is Avacor, the "All Natural DHT Blocker" that some quack pitches to us.

I have heard that Avacor is nothing more than minoxidil rebranded and repackaged because Upjohn's patent on minoxidil has expired.

But doesn't minoxidil simply promote blood flow to the skin/scalp where applied topically? I'm sure that extra blood flow to the scalp could be or is conducive to hair growth, but that isn't the same thing as being a DHT blocker, like finasteride in Propecia/Proscar is.

I'm sure that quack says something like, "Avacor blocks the DHT from attacking your hair follicles" or something like that.

What a bunch of boloney. It's pretty troubling that that sort of claim can be made on National TV which is entirely untrue.

Or am I wrong? Maybe Avacor is something else? I doubt it has finasteride in it since that is a controlled, prescription substance and I'm pretty sure that Merck's patent has not expired on the use of that drug for hairloss. If I'm wrong, set me straight. If you think I'm right, well, then I hope you agree with me and know where I'm coming from. Thanks.

Knowledge is Power.

Okay, so now there is Avacor, the "All Natural DHT Blocker" that some quack pitches to us.

I have heard that Avacor is nothing more than minoxidil rebranded and repackaged because Upjohn's patent on minoxidil has expired.

But doesn't minoxidil simply promote blood flow to the skin/scalp where applied topically? I'm sure that extra blood flow to the scalp could be or is conducive to hair growth, but that isn't the same thing as being a DHT blocker, like finasteride in Propecia/Proscar is.

I'm sure that quack says something like, "Avacor blocks the DHT from attacking your hair follicles" or something like that.

What a bunch of boloney. It's pretty troubling that that sort of claim can be made on National TV which is entirely untrue.

Or am I wrong? Maybe Avacor is something else? I doubt it has finasteride in it since that is a controlled, prescription substance and I'm pretty sure that Merck's patent has not expired on the use of that drug for hairloss. If I'm wrong, set me straight. If you think I'm right, well, then I hope you agree with me and know where I'm coming from. Thanks.

Knowledge is Power.

I hear that pressure has caused the FTC to require Avacor to change their advertising. Because right now, they don't even mention Minoxidil, and they also claim it is "all-natural" which Minoxidil is not. They make all kinds of false claims.

It's a scam product, and I am sorry guys are wasting their money on it. It just encourages other companies to try to rip us off, too.

Did you know that doctor in the Avacor commercials spent a couple years in a federal prison, for ripping off Medicare or Medicaid? He's a convicted felon. He ripped off the federal government, how worried do you think he is about fleecing "the average guy"?

Good to hear that maybe some action is being taken. This isn't speculation or hearsay, it is a flat out lie. Apparently it is being told by a convicted felony. What a scab. I hope no one who reads this forum has spent a nickel on that quack and his lies.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post a follow up to this thread I started a while back:

Avacor is nothing but minoxidil plus some other ingredients. No DHT blocker at all.

Everything arfy wrote in response to my initial inquiry is 100% on the nose.

If you are wasting your money on Avacor, please do yourself a favor and just get Rogaine or generic minoxidil. You'll save a lot of money, get the same effect, and help put those con artists selling fantasies like "90% effective" out of business.

It is a marketing scheme that is working like a charm based on some people's fear and lack of knowledge or information about the product. Please don't be one of those people.

I came across an article today in Men's Health magazine about Avacor, and that encouraged me to follow up with this post.

vocor1

Hello, and thanks for the update on that product,it is sure nice to know that there are people out there doing the research....we appreciate all your info..my question is about Rogain. I was wondering if you have used the product? If so, can you please share your experience with it. Do you highly recommend it?

agent:

I don't use minoxidil. I only use finasteride/Propecia right now.

I can't personally comment on minoxidil's effectiveness, but the FDA did. It does maintain haircount and in some cases, regrow hair.

I may begin using minoxidil in the near future. I have been hesitant because: Propecia is already working very well and Minoxidil is a topical which is more inconvenient to apply than just taking a pill.

I'm not sure that I'll "stick with it" if I try Minoxidil. That probably isn't a good excuse for not trying it, but it is the truth.

I can highly recommend Propecia because of my personal results and also the FDA also verified its effectiveness. Remember, only minoxidil and finasteride have been approved by the FDA to clinically show the maintenance of haircount or regrowth of hair.

There are many people on this forum who use minoxidil that can comment on its effectiveness. Do a search on something like "minoxidil", and that should yield you a lot of opinions on the drug.

vocor1