The DHI Saga continues

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

I am personally interested in knowing if the contents of that email were, indeed, written by PeterMac while he was employed by that company.

I don't care nearly as much that another party obtained the email and posted or not. Whistleblowers are always chastised for seemingly less-than-ethical actions but they are mostly done for a greater good. Remember the saying "you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette?"

So, Petermac, why don't you just answer the question that everyone is asking? Did you or did you not compose that email? I have never seen a more simple question dodged more efficiently by any one person since Bill Clinton.

-Robert

I have a differant opinion;

it doesn't matter to me one bit if petermac composed the email.

all that matters is if the allegations in the email are supportable

if they are, I'm glad the email was posted.

if they are not, then I am appalled that the email was posted

from the following;

It is a shame that someone tried to damage their reputation by making a post such as the one in question

I think it's pretty clear petermac believes the contents are not supportable.

I would have rather he made a statement either way, but for this quote I speculate.

Originally posted by pc:

I have a differant opinion;

it doesn't matter to me one bit if petermac composed the email.

all that matters is if the allegations in the email are supportable

if they are, I'm glad the email was posted.

if they are not, then I am appalled that the email was posted

from the following;

It is a shame that someone tried to damage their reputation by making a post such as the one in question

I think it's pretty clear petermac believes the contents are not supportable.

I would have rather he made a statement either way, but for this quote I speculate.

I can agree, BUT if Petermac did actually write the email then it is safe to say that he had questioned certain practices that were going on at DHI while he was employed there. Since there is really not much of a way to prove that there were sterilization issues (among the other topics covered) other than if someone truly coming forward, then him owning up to the email would be the best indicator of what really happened.

It is a simple formula. I realize that there is probably a non-disclosure agreement somewhere, but this matter concerns some very serious allegations.

I, for one, don't think it should be swept under the rug at all.

This statement, "It is a shame that someone tried to damage their reputation by making a post such as the one in question" is anything BUT clear. It is nothing short of a play on words, in my opinion.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

no matter who he worked for, no matter how sterile the procedures, anyone would have questions to ask if allegations are made by outside parties

the outside parties might have an agenda, but if they raise a safety issue, an email of that sort is standard procedure

allegations are common in competitive business.

'

but are the allegations supportable...this is really all that matters

(in my humble opinion)

I agree that his involvment or non invovlment shouldn't be swept under the rug

I have to agree that his answers were still plays on words...but I took his words to mean that dhi is vindicated of the allegations in his opinion.

let's see if petermac wants to come back and have an ernest discussion answers more on point

damn.. let the simple minded not have to read!!

You all want explanations... Write long winded posts, and still can't even get to the point!!

Let me do it then..

PeterMac, please answer Yes or No.

Did you have any involvement in the original said email?

Do you know who or what entity wrote said email?

Did you post the said email on HLH?

No explanations, just a "yes" or "no" to said questions...

If DHI wants to advise me who posted the information in question and give me permission to discuss it then I can make some comments. Until then this is a topic I am not allowed to discuss.

Seems pretty clear to me, you need to be asking DHI to give legal sanction to PeterMac if you want to know more. I suggest you ask them.

There is no possible way for me to speculate that it is or is not without my prior three questions being answered

PeterMac, please answer Yes or No.

not fair...I'd never answer a question yes or no if I thought yes or no was not good enough...I answer questions with my own answers, not the answers of the questioner...I think petermac probably feels the same

if he wants to answer any of these questions he'll answer them with his own answers not ours

Did you post the said email on HLH?

he just told us he didn't post it and doesn't know who did...he also expressed his contempt about the person that made the post

as far as his involvment or lack of involvent with the body of the email;

the email is fact finding, it doesn't matter one stitch if he was involved with the body of the fact finding email...the fact finding email would be sent no matter it was dhi or any other transplant organization, and there can be no fault with any company simpy becuase allegations are made in a fact finding correspondance

all that matters is if after the fact finding was done, what his opinion is of the allegations

If DHI wants to advise me who posted the information in question and give me permission to discuss it then I can make some comments. Until then this is a topic I am not allowed to discuss.

Seems pretty clear to me, you need to be asking DHI to give legal sanction to PeterMac if you want to know more. I suggest you ask them

dhi doesn't have any right to give petermac permission to discuss anything...this country gives him the permission to discuss it no matter what dhi has to say

if there's a legal madate that prevents his free speech, he has to state that in no uncertain terms, otherwise any failure to disclose what he knows is just a matter pf personal convenience.

personally, I think dhi should come in here to add to this conversation.

that would be interesting indeed

Please, someone tell me this thread will end soon! I'm growing tired of this rhetoric, if someone who is able to say something of substance regarding this issue, come forward, if not let this rest-Bonzo

dhi doesn't have any right to give petermac permission to discuss anything...this country gives him the permission to discuss it no matter what dhi has to say.

if there's a legal madate that prevents his free speech, he has to state that in no uncertain terms, otherwise any failure to disclose what he knows is just a matter pf personal convenience.

Well, if you believe all this to be true, why don't YOU, pc, pay a lawyer to draft a legal agreement that YOU, pc, will be liable for all damages and costs that PeterMac would have to pay DHI or other interested parties should he say anything. Of course YOU, pc, will also have to pay for PeterMacs lawyer to verify that the document will work (you have sufficient assets etc.).

Talk is cheap.

Originally posted by Skywalker:

dhi doesn't have any right to give petermac permission to discuss anything...this country gives him the permission to discuss it no matter what dhi has to say.

Well, if you believe all this to be true, why don't YOU, pc, pay a lawyer to draft a legal agreement that YOU, pc, will be liable for all damages and costs that PeterMac would have to pay DHI or other interested parties should he say anything. Of course YOU, pc, will also have to pay for PeterMacs lawyer to verify that the document will work (you have sufficient assets etc.).

Talk is cheap.

rediculous post

making a convenient excuse when there is none to be had

there is no liability when you speak about the truth...you'd need protection only if you wanted to lie or decieve.

who doesn't know this?...rather, who makes believe they don't know this?

no legal agreement needs to be drawn

sorry.

but it is convenient to say something like that, that's for sure

talk is cheap this is true, attacks are easy to level...this is true too.

as far as I'm concerned, petermac said it all when he said;

It is a shame that someone tried to damage their reputation by making a post such as the one in question.

I would have preferred he was more specific, but he wasn't.

time to retire from this thread.

I am not attacking you, all I said is talk is cheap. Rather than push PeterMac to take what most sensible people would see as a legal and financial risk why don't you 'step up to the plate' and do it yourself. You don't want to and I don't blame you - it could prove very expensive icon_smile.gif

I am not attacking you, all I said is talk is cheap. Rather than push PeterMac to take what most sensible people would see as a legal and financial risk why don't you 'step up to the plate' and do it yourself. You don't want to and I don't blame you - it could prove very expensive

again, and obviously;

nobody could possibly see a legal or financial risk to telling the truth.

sorry

as far as stepping up to the plate and doing it myself, I clearly have, and there is no financial risk what so ever.

statements like yours is nothing more then a convenience which gives some kind of license to withold information that's obviously important to patients in this community

good night skywalker