Check out Miles blog

Just wanted to post this so that Miles could get some feedback. I had sent him a couple of PM's as he is the only Dr. Tessler patient to post pics. http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=257

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN-

Thanks for the post. I reviewed the blog and it looks like he's come along. I think this is one of those cases where from the front and side view he has the appearance of very little if no loss but the direct overhead shot is less forgiving as in many cases.

He's come a long way! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the feedback. I was pretty shocked/disappointed when I looked at the overhead shot. At least not many people can see the top of my head when I'm standing! I was thinking about another HT to cover the crown and more of the top. NervousNelly had suggested and egg sized patch of FU just behind the hairline for more density. Any more thoughts?

Miles

Miles,

I appreciate you responding to a couple of my private messages and posting some other photos that show the hairline better. These give a much better indication of the work that Dr. Tessler performed. It's my belief that everyone should be posting photos, wet with hair slicked back and then as you choose for personal style.

Now that I have had a chance to view the wet photos I would reiterate in saying that you probably did suffer some shockloss and the majority of hair is all transplanted. No biggy, it was probably ready to leave you at some point anyway.

I like the hairline that you/Tessler chose. It is very natural and compliments and frames your face nicely. The only thing that I could see would have given slightly better illusion of density is an egg shaped alotment of Fu in zone 3 behind the central hairline. Possibly some double Fu to give density. Ofcourse filling in temple and thickening rest of area is only going to make things that much better. But all in all awesome results. A 3rd HT of 2000+ if the donor will provide would give much more density but certainly not needed as you have a natural look and will remain age appropriate. If you do go ahead with 3rd procedure Miles, because you have already "hit the crown" I would make sure that the frontal area is more complete and then put other Fu in crown. Just my opinion.

It is great to finally see some photos of Dr. Tesslers. Pat will appreciate it much I'm sure. I am truly impressed with how things turned out for you. Very natural and a much improved look.

I hope you don't mind me getting this thread started again so others can pipe in. Once again, thanks for posting.

Take care,

NN

P.S. Kind of a similiar hairline to Pat's? Somewhat anyways?

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey NN!!!!! Glad to hear from you buddy!!!!!

Anyway, in this case a very natural base has been laid.

NN is right that targeting the frontal-core and mid-scalp region is a must at this point.

Correctly placed, miles hair will become much less see through.

My only issue with this is that miles has to have his 3rd surgery to do this.

The 3400 should have been placed first, then the 2000-2500 to top off.

Takes a year and 1 surgery off the guys head.

Of course, slow and steady wins the race, but you always like to see a guy do as few sessions with as little down time as possible.

I hope we can see the finished product!!!!!

Thanks Again Miles (NN)

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Good advice, NN & B-

I agree, one more pass for some added density in frontal 1/3 and midscalp, maybe 2000-2500 should do it.

B spot has a good point.........this is a case where this likely could have been accomplished in 2 sessions rather than 3.

Good luck to you, Miles!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks everyone for the advice/feedback. If/when I get a 3rd procedure done, I will certainly post pics and results (this time with immediate post-op pics). I called the office and apparently they took some post-op pics and will e-mail them to me so I can post them.

Also, Pat asked about hair count:

HT #1: 1's - 299

2's - 610

3's-4's - 1138 (mostly 4's per the office)

Total - 5786 (I took 3's-4's X 3.75 for an estimate since most were 4's)

HT #2: 1's - 113

2's - 356

3's-4's - 954 (again, mostly 4's)

Total - 4402

Grand Total - 10,188 hairs

They didn't have the exact numbers of 3's and 4's separately, but this is probably a pretty good estimate.

NN - I will post some wet-hair pics of my scar area (covered and uncovered) as soon as I can get my wife to take them. She thinks I'm obsessed with my hair now, and she's right!!

Miles