Dr. Hasson on the 17th of Feb.

justgrow

Good Morning to all,

I am traveling to Vancouver next week for my procedure next week. I have used this forum for most of my research. For this I am grateful.

I still cannot help but be nervous even though I am armed with some great info from here.

I think my concerns are probably typical: I hope my donor density is good, I hope my scalp laxity is good, I hope for very good results and I am finally happy.

I welcome any comments and words of wisdom from anyone with the same concerns as I have.

Thanks so much!

Good Morning to all,

I am traveling to Vancouver next week for my procedure next week. I have used this forum for most of my research. For this I am grateful.

I still cannot help but be nervous even though I am armed with some great info from here.

I think my concerns are probably typical: I hope my donor density is good, I hope my scalp laxity is good, I hope for very good results and I am finally happy.

I welcome any comments and words of wisdom from anyone with the same concerns as I have.

Thanks so much!

justgrow-

nerves are normal, especially when getting really close to the procedure. I don't think they really go away until the anesthesia begins its magic on your head.

But as you know already, you are in great hands!! And with the amount of grafts you are going to receive, it will make a huge cosmetic difference for you.

So, just relax in this next week, get prepared so you don't have to leave the house for a couple of weeks (groceries, books, mags, movies, etc.,) and get ready for the magic to begin.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

hallo my good neighbor from Baffalo.

nice pick justgrow he is one of the best indeed.

but i'm curious why you picked H&W since you have dr. Feller and dr. Rahal much closer to you within driving distance.

so what was deciding/braking factor for you?

Eman,

Thanks so much for the support my man! I have been following your blog. I would be extremely excited if I were you. I will continue to follow your results. I will definitely not be leaving the house for a few weeks. I will post several pictures and reactivate my weblog for all to critique.

Mr. GQ where are you from?

I have to be honest it was really a toss up betwen H&W and Rahal. I chose Dr. Hasson because they seem to really know crown work.

In terms of numbers of graphs they seemed to pull similar numbers. I consulted with both and liked both. My fiance even wanted to eventually strangle me because I had such a hard time deciding between the two. lol

I tried consulting with Doc Feller but had no luck getting an eval. on my pics I emailed.

thanks for the breakdown justgrow!!!

excellent choice once again and i wish you all the best. please do us all a favor and document and post your progress. it has been a while since someone independent posted H&W crown work.

i'm from toronto icon_smile.gif

good luck but you have more then taht on your side with H&W.

rtc

BEFORE HT

1. Get a massage the night before. It's good for the mind & the back the will be sitting for hours & hours. You must remain very still for a very long period. This is my #1 tip.

2. Get a travel pillow for flight & sleeping; it's a must even if you don't travel. It will keep your head elevated from pillow while grafts are at a unsettled stage. Do a search on Google. Many airports sell them but try to get in advance.

3. Buy whatever you need before going for ht. You will not want to shop with a swollen face. The clerks may throw the milk & eggs at your 'bigface' in fear.

4. Take a sleeping pill the night before to get a good night's sleep. Your mind will not let you sleep & will be filled with many thoughts & anxieties.

5. If you can have a friend or loved one with you. It's an exhausting day & you will be better off with some to watch over you or run errands.

6. Bring a loose hat or bandana or 2 with you as spares. They could get bloody. Make sure they are new or washed you do not want to get infected.

7. See the doctor the day before surgery if possible to go over what will be done. It gives you time to think about suggestions & may save you from a hasty decision.

8. Have doctor's office wash your hair every day you are still in town. They do it best & will also see any problems that can be nipped in the bud.

9. Think of how you will be hiding ht or telling everyone about it. Have a plan for both ways as you may change your mind after procedure. I did.

10. Trim your nails before ht &/or wear socks over your hands to keep from scratching at night. i did this for about a week after surgery.

11. Make sure you get Lidocaine or something to numb for staple removal day before you leave doctors office. The only thing I could buy over the counter was very ineffective for pain.

12. Buy a soft toothbrush to keep area around staples clean. Gently get rid of any blood buildup, which will help with staple removal.

13. Do scalp exercises if you are sure you are getting HT. Start as early as possible even months in advance. Every minute you do them might mean more grafts & less tightness after surgery.

14. Keep a hat or bandana on doorknob. Nothing more embarrassing then answering the door naked headed & getting weird look from the UPS guy.

15. Get a buzzcut and/or start wearing a hat weeks before surgery. You will get all those stares & questions answered while not acting so nervous. After HT someone may pick up your body language real easy & know something is up

More tips to come as I think of them.

C.BUB.

I will have an extra day and a half before my surgery to check out the city. I am excited about that. Suggest some great places to eat?

Mr. GQ. I will be having the doctor or technicians taking pictures to document the process. I should have time to put them in my weblog when I am off in hiding.

IMTBarber, I have been doing the exercises you mention. I can grab the skin between my fingers.

on both sides and a little less at the back.

Starting to feel like one of those dogs with all of the wrinkles sharpei? spelling?

RTC, great list and lots of good advice that I will use. My fiance is going with me so that is a great thing!

Spex, Thanks! I will keep you all updated

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Me again,

I am almost 4 weeks after my procedure with Dr. Hasson. He is a funny guy. I no longer have that beautiful hairline that I did 10-12 days after surgery. The crown still has hair growing but I am shedding. I mentioned to Joe that I look like I have mainge. lol

I did notice what little scabbing I had was flaking away at about 5 days along with some hairs. I have a TON of pics and I need to figure out how to post them and get some time.

It was a great experince and the DR. and staff were amazing!

We ended getting about 4500 graphs. Lots of ones and twos and only some threes. I have average density but thick course hairshafts.

I had a really stretchy scalp too.

I am pretty sure I have some shock loss going on also.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the DOLDRUMS, I fear no SHEDDING or SHOCKLOSS, for YOU are with me; Your FORUM and Your members, they comfort me. lol

Beautiful city! We tried to experience as much as possible.

Hang tough, Justgrow. If you need help with your photos let me know. Also, don't forget the image resizing tool on our consultation page that will automatically resize every photo in a folder for you. It works great.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the DOLDRUMS, I fear no SHEDDING or SHOCKLOSS, for YOU are with me; Your FORUM and Your members, they comfort me. lol

Perhaps we ought to start a collection of hair transplant psalms :-).

The first several weeks/months are the hardest part after a hair transplant. Discomfort, scabbing, itching, healing, waiting, waiting, and did I mention more waiting?

But I expect the 4500 grafts you received will give you a nice head of hair.

Have you created a blog yet? If not, I recommend creating one at www.hairlossweblogs.com.

Best wishes,

Bill