Help for a newbie, PLEASE!

Unclebeets

Hi, I just found this site and it looks great. Now for the important business, I am 24 and have been noticing frontal hairling thinning for the past year and a half. I decided its time to do something about it but dont really know what to do. I would like to keep what I have left. I know that many of you have lots of experience in this area, and I would really appreciate some help. PLEASE!

Thank you

Hi, I just found this site and it looks great. Now for the important business, I am 24 and have been noticing frontal hairling thinning for the past year and a half. I decided its time to do something about it but dont really know what to do. I would like to keep what I have left. I know that many of you have lots of experience in this area, and I would really appreciate some help. PLEASE!

Thank you

Hey fella. It's good that you want to deal with this now. Because you can. Get on a drug called Proscar. It's made by Merck, and comes in either 30 pills or 100 pills. Side effects only occur in 2% of dudes that take it, so it's definitely worth the risk. It's the EXACT same thing as Propecia,which is 1 mg finesteride. But instead it's 5 mg finesteride and cheaper. Buy a pill cutter with it and cut the Proscar in to quarters. So you are then taking 1.25 mg finesteride, which is no real difference than taking Propecia. Take it once a day in the morning and wait an entire year and then asess whether or not it's for you. If you want to, you can also add Rogaine to your battle with hair loss. But Proscar should hopefully do it. Good luck.

danger

Thanks for the help. Ive also heard about a drug called duratestride or something like that, is there any reason to try anything else or is Proscar the best option for someone in my position. Thanks again for the help, its nice to have an educated opinion.

dutasteride is stronger and typically has better effects but also potentially more damning side-effects and its half-life is 6 months so you just have to deal with the side effects.

If you have side effects with finasteride, the half life is only two weeks.

I've posted times describing what the differences in dutasteride/Avodart and finasteride/Propecia are. Do a search. Many others also have relivant posts. Good luck.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.