Upcoming Hair Transplant with Dr Farjo

Marcello

Hi all,

This is my first post as part of this community, although I have been accessing the valuable information on this site for a year or so.

I am having my first procedure with Dr Farjo this week.

To give a little background, I am now 29 and have been slowly thinning at the front for 6 or so years now and it has finally got to the stage where I have had enough!

My dad had two hair transplants with Dr Farjo some 13-14 years ago (with great success - he remains very happy to this day...and he swears none of his transplanted hair fell out in the early stages...lucky $%*&^!!!)and it was him who initially put me in touch with Mick McHugh back in mid 2004. Mick initially suggested I should try Regaine which I did with some success; not only did my hair stop falling out at the front but I also had significant new growth such that with a bit of toppic I could get away with my hair looking reasonably thick.

However, by early 2006 my hair at the front was gradually getting worse and whilst I 'grinned and beared it' for a few months, by autumn I went to see Mick again. Both he and Dr Farjo suggested I try Propecia for at least 12 months before I thought about having a HT which I did.

Again, this worked for 12 months or so but for the past 9 months I have continued to lose hairs at the front whilst at the same time the hairs that are there have become increasingly minaturised in nature (mid-back section remains pretty strong, however).

I therefore went to see Mick and Dr Farjo for a third time a couple of months back and at my request we discussed HT options. I had my mind set on having a HT but as I had become accustomed to, both Mick and Dr Farjo put no pressure on me and suggested I go away to think about it.

So here I am, a couple of months later, about to have c2000 grafts inserted in to my receding hairline.

Mick and Dr Farjo have been very helpful and accomodating and I have been impressed by the absence of a hard sell and their guidance thus far.

I will post again after the procedure, but in the meantime thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my progress in due course.

Marcello

Hi all,

This is my first post as part of this community, although I have been accessing the valuable information on this site for a year or so.

I am having my first procedure with Dr Farjo this week.

To give a little background, I am now 29 and have been slowly thinning at the front for 6 or so years now and it has finally got to the stage where I have had enough!

My dad had two hair transplants with Dr Farjo some 13-14 years ago (with great success - he remains very happy to this day...and he swears none of his transplanted hair fell out in the early stages...lucky $%*&^!!!)and it was him who initially put me in touch with Mick McHugh back in mid 2004. Mick initially suggested I should try Regaine which I did with some success; not only did my hair stop falling out at the front but I also had significant new growth such that with a bit of toppic I could get away with my hair looking reasonably thick.

However, by early 2006 my hair at the front was gradually getting worse and whilst I 'grinned and beared it' for a few months, by autumn I went to see Mick again. Both he and Dr Farjo suggested I try Propecia for at least 12 months before I thought about having a HT which I did.

Again, this worked for 12 months or so but for the past 9 months I have continued to lose hairs at the front whilst at the same time the hairs that are there have become increasingly minaturised in nature (mid-back section remains pretty strong, however).

I therefore went to see Mick and Dr Farjo for a third time a couple of months back and at my request we discussed HT options. I had my mind set on having a HT but as I had become accustomed to, both Mick and Dr Farjo put no pressure on me and suggested I go away to think about it.

So here I am, a couple of months later, about to have c2000 grafts inserted in to my receding hairline.

Mick and Dr Farjo have been very helpful and accomodating and I have been impressed by the absence of a hard sell and their guidance thus far.

I will post again after the procedure, but in the meantime thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my progress in due course.

Marcello

Best of luck, and be sure to keep us posted as you progress!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hi marcello and welcome aboard icon_smile.gif

4 years is long time to wait but it will make the end result feel even sweeter.

you have made an excellent choice with the farjo,s as your dad did before you,and as i did nearly 3 years ago.

its funny i went 15 odd years without hair and yet i cant picture myself bald when i look in the mirror now.

hopefully you will be saying the same in a year or so.

what date is your proceedure?and have you got any pics of your current situation?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Marcelo,

i was gonna wish u good luck, but as the others have said, myself included. u wont need luck, u r in excellent hands..

u will be a very happy young man once more in spring 2009!

a funny thought just crossed my mind..u can compare notes with dad :-)

But seriously

All the best mate...

Fallenstar

Hi Marcello

Very best wishes for your forthcoming procedure, it is great to see you sharing your experience, I found updates posted by patients themselves a real help in researching.

Look forward to following your progress.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Marcello,

Congratulations on your upcoming hair transplant with Dr. Farjo. So is Dr. Bessam or Dr. Nilofer going to be performing your surgery?

I had the privilege of meeting both of them along with Mick and one of their technicians Julie (not to mention a few of their patients that look great by the way) in Montreal a few weeks ago at the annual ISHRS scientific meeting.

You will be in great hands. I hope you will share your experience and photos with us and document your progress by creating a hair loss weblog.

Best of wishes on your upcoming surgery,

Bill

Thanks to everybody for their messages of support.

The procedure (2045 grafts) was performed yesterday. Both Bessam and Nilofer worked on me. I will get the pics on shortly and create a blog as you suggested Bill.

The day went very smoothly - thanks to Mick, Drs Farjo and their support team.

Cheers

Marcello

Hi Marcello

Well done

I had surgery at the Farjo centre around 3 weeks ago and I was looked after so well during the procedure (spent my time sleeping and watching DVD's)

I would recommend them to anyone, As I'm confident the results will be good.

Look forward to your blog

Jimmy

welcome jimmy.

blimey,this is like the proverbial london bus,wait forever for one and two come at the same time.

jimmy have you got any more details of yor proceedure or better still some photos?

would love to hear about your experience in full.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Thanks Balody, Bill, Fallenstar and Jiimmy2.

Jimmy2 - like Fallenstar I too would be very interested to hear a bit more about what you had done.

Fallenstar - judging by your 10 month pics, I don't think you have anything to be jealous about - your hair looks fantastic! When are you planning to post your next updates, and how many grafts are you having in November in the crown?

Cheers

Marcello

Hi Guys

Basically my story is like most others:

I started losing my hair when I was around 20, that was 15 years ago. It has been a slow process for me as I still have a reasonable amount. Early on in the process I investigated hair replacement etc and experimented with Minoxidil which did not seem to work for me.

I started using concealing products like mane and nanogen microfibres around 10 years ago and that kept me resonably happy. But over the last year or so as I was losing more hair and using more concealer I got myself into the ridiculous situation that I was more worried that people would see the concealer more than the extent of my hairloss, It was time to do something as shaving it all off and living with it was not an atractive option for me.

I went for a consultation with Mick McHugh and Dr Farjo in August 2007, and really decided there and then I wanted surgery at the Farjo centre. But as previously posted there is no pressure, in fact they would not even let me book it there and then. I was encouraged to do further research by them.

It was at this point I was advised to use propecia and started using it in Jan 2008. During this time I thought more about surgery and booked it for late August 2008. Propecia seems to be working, I can't claim to have re-grown significant amounts of hair, but it seems to have stabalised it and it seems better quality and more managable (so far)

1800 grafts were planned for my surgery, but I think they got around 2000 from the donor strip. This was placed around my hairline and that sort of triangular area behind it, a little was placed at the crown but that area is not too bad.

But as I said before the whole team treated me well, and bizarrely I had quite an enjoyable day. I was in from around 9am till 6pm. The surgery was performed by Drs Bessam & Nilofer Farjo and the team.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos so far, but will maybe try to sort some out.

Cheers

thanks for sharing jimmy.

i would love to see some pics if possible and maybe you could start your own thread or maybe Bill could move this to a seperate thread?

i look forward to your progress.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Balody,

Unfortunately, I can't move a post on an existing thread into a new thread, though I wish I could.

Jimmy,

I encourage you to start your own thread to share your experience since you will garner the greatest amount of support that way. Plus, we want to retain this thread to discuss Marcello's experience since he is the topic starter. All you have to do is go to "New" and "discussion" to start your own thread.

I do hope you can get someone to take pictures for you so you can document your progress with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

thx Marcello,

i am extremly happy with my result with HT#1.

my upcoming HT#2 is for the crown, am hoping to get as much as possible, anything around 3k grafts would be a dream.

we shall see. fingers crossed. i hope to update my blog at the 1 yr mark on nov5,

all the best in meantime

FS