Questions about minoxidil

hello there all

before i start my question, let me tell you, i SEARCHED real hard throughout the forum on minoxidil but couldnt find my answer eventhough i really thought i would find the answer

well let me start off, i have been on minoxidil for about 10 days, and i am NOT on propecia currently, i am waiting to receive it in the mail, i will get on it asap.

Ok here is my questions

Well i know for Propecia it is quite normal for there to be shedding...no one mentioned minoxidil and shedding, but is that normal? and has anyone experienced shedding so early in a process?

im not sure if its shedding or not(im assuming) because i just out of a sudden seeing more hair fall out constantly.

Pre-minoxidil- i would lose maybe 4 hairs in the shower and maybe 1-2 when i combed my hair after

Post-minoxidil - i would lose maybe 4-6 hairs in the shower and i lose about 4-8 combing my hair?

btw eventhough i am losing some hairs, it seems like minoxidil is giving my hair thickness which is quite evident.

I know results can take about a year i just wanted assurance and never heard on this forum the linkage of minoxidil and shedding, maybe because a majority of people do not take it due to the dandruff and itching(which i have not experienced)

Also as soon as it reaches about 3 months i will post up results

THANKS ALOT!

hello there all

before i start my question, let me tell you, i SEARCHED real hard throughout the forum on minoxidil but couldnt find my answer eventhough i really thought i would find the answer

well let me start off, i have been on minoxidil for about 10 days, and i am NOT on propecia currently, i am waiting to receive it in the mail, i will get on it asap.

Ok here is my questions

Well i know for Propecia it is quite normal for there to be shedding...no one mentioned minoxidil and shedding, but is that normal? and has anyone experienced shedding so early in a process?

im not sure if its shedding or not(im assuming) because i just out of a sudden seeing more hair fall out constantly.

Pre-minoxidil- i would lose maybe 4 hairs in the shower and maybe 1-2 when i combed my hair after

Post-minoxidil - i would lose maybe 4-6 hairs in the shower and i lose about 4-8 combing my hair?

btw eventhough i am losing some hairs, it seems like minoxidil is giving my hair thickness which is quite evident.

I know results can take about a year i just wanted assurance and never heard on this forum the linkage of minoxidil and shedding, maybe because a majority of people do not take it due to the dandruff and itching(which i have not experienced)

Also as soon as it reaches about 3 months i will post up results

THANKS ALOT!

I don't use Minox but believe I have heard that it can cause a shed just like Finasteride.............hopefully others will respond for you on this to verify.

I've not heard of Minox making hairs thicker from use.....unless it's after they've had time to respond to the Minox and grow out. Since you've only been on it 10 days you can't have had hardly any time for regrowth..........are you saying that it seems to act like many "thickening agents" and make your hair appear thicker overall?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey,

I tried the Rogaine for about a year. It says on the the instructions that after two weeks, the user will experience some amount of shedding.This is normal. The reason they give is because the hair changes from one growth phase to another. They used more techncal lingo then that of course. After a while it subsides.

Unfortunately i couldn't see any results. Some people do apparantly. Depends on the individual. The reason i stopped using it was because i got a scalp infection. The skin broke out in spots and wouldn't. This happened when i was on holidays in Eastern Europe. I wore a baseball cap a lot because of the sun. Maybe that was the reason i got an infection. Then again i could be allergic.

Hi

Anytime you deal with hair regrowth shedding can oocur as the hairs must go through the cyling phases... Transplnats, Rogaine, and Propecia can cause this and is normal

Some get it, some don't

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!