Can anyone tell me if I am wrong with my thinking...

I have been reading this site for quite some time now. But I have not seen any clear answer to my question.

Here is the question. How bad can a HT be provided that...

1. If I selected a known reputable HT surgeon that is among the list of recommended doctors on this site.

2. If I don't get greedy and tried to recover my teenage hairline

3. That I know if my current hairline recedes more, that I will have to get more HT done.

To me, unless my existing hair suffer from permanent shock fallout, I don't really see the negative impact that a HT can have (other than $ I put in)

Even if all tranplanted hairs fail to grow, that just means that I did not improve my appearance, I still have the same look as before the HT (aside from shock fallout) So the only evidence that I had a HT was the donor scar (which can be covered by other hair around it)

This is me trying to convice myself to take the plunge. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with my thinking. Thanks.

I have been reading this site for quite some time now. But I have not seen any clear answer to my question.

Here is the question. How bad can a HT be provided that...

1. If I selected a known reputable HT surgeon that is among the list of recommended doctors on this site.

2. If I don't get greedy and tried to recover my teenage hairline

3. That I know if my current hairline recedes more, that I will have to get more HT done.

To me, unless my existing hair suffer from permanent shock fallout, I don't really see the negative impact that a HT can have (other than $ I put in)

Even if all tranplanted hairs fail to grow, that just means that I did not improve my appearance, I still have the same look as before the HT (aside from shock fallout) So the only evidence that I had a HT was the donor scar (which can be covered by other hair around it)

This is me trying to convice myself to take the plunge. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with my thinking. Thanks.

To a large extent I think that you are correct. Nevertheless any surgical procedure should not be taken lightly.Their are risks to any surgery.

Seemingly wasting,several thousand dollars would not feel too good either.

Fortunately the techniques we utilize today are very reliable.Assuming that a person is in good health, follows pre and post op directions etc one can expect a very succesful result.

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

csofrank:

There is no way to determine exactly how happy you'll be with the outcome. So much has to deal with your personal expectations and your current state of hair.

A lot of things could happen: Infection, bumped head, low scalp laxity, bleeding, etc. It is surgery, afterall.

But overall -- as you inferred -- with a top doctor, NW2 expectations, and willingness to go through it all again, you can make an informed decision if an HT is right for you.

Arfy has said it best: HT is a lifetime decision. Once you go down that path, there is no turning back. You are down it for good with all its possible issues. If those issues in your mind are better than dealing with your current hairloss (or worse) for the rest of your life, then go for it!

There are risks. There is no guarantee of absolute success. But you are buying into the hope of improved appearance through an HT. And that is exciting, because there are a lot of pictures supporting the possibility of success. You're doing your research. Best of luck with your decision.

vocor1

Sometimes there is a "delayed" negative effect, for some guys.

For example, the guy who just wants to touch up his hairline. 20 years from now, his transplanted hairline could look weird, incorrect for his age. This is just one example.

It's important to think ahead, FAR ahead, because this surgery will impact you for the rest of your life.