Photo's

Spursman

Hi

Was just looking at a few photos of HT patients. i noticed that quite a few people have had big HT from Dr Hasson. He is the speciallist in large sessions.

I also noticed that a few people who have the same sort of hair loss are getting different results. i saw one guy who was balder then another, they both had the same amount of grafts, one of them had much much better results. why so different? the pics were also taken in the same dates eg 7 months etc!

Hi

Was just looking at a few photos of HT patients. i noticed that quite a few people have had big HT from Dr Hasson. He is the speciallist in large sessions.

I also noticed that a few people who have the same sort of hair loss are getting different results. i saw one guy who was balder then another, they both had the same amount of grafts, one of them had much much better results. why so different? the pics were also taken in the same dates eg 7 months etc!

Yes, Hasson and Wong and sort of paved the way for the top surgeons to consider mega sessions of anywhere from 3000-7000.

Tough to put a finger on the different results. Usually more grafts = a fuller thicker appearance, but, some people have fine hair versus thick hair and hair that has a little bit of a wave or curl can show a more full appearance.

If you haven't seen it, go to the patient photo's on Hasson and Wong's website then click on patient pics.........they provide detail and a "blow by blow" accounting of growth after HT with final results. I found it to be very helpful.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

Yes, Hasson and Wong and sort of paved the way for the top surgeons to consider mega sessions of anywhere from 3000-7000.

Tough to put a finger on the different results. Usually more grafts = a fuller thicker appearance, but, some people have fine hair versus thick hair and hair that has a little bit of a wave or curl can show a more full appearance.

If you haven't seen it, go to the patient photo's on Hasson and Wong's website then click on patient pics.........they provide detail and a "blow by blow" accounting of growth after HT with final results. I found it to be very helpful.

Thanks for your response.

I am thinking of getting an HT done. I have been to a consultation with Dr True back in April 2005.

The only thing i am worried about is the scar. I still want my hair short but don't want the scar to show too much. Obviously the scar will get bigger with every HT you have. So i want to keep the HT down to one procedure.

I have also been thinking about what sort of hair style I would have. I would like to keep short, maybe grade 2 or 3.

Would it be best to go with a bigger session with Hasson and Wong or go for a smaller one with Dr True. He recommended me to have 1500 to 2000 grafts.

I don't know what to do!

Speak with both physicians about your concerns. BOth True & Dorin Medical and H&W are successfully utilizing the trychophytic closure technique so your scar concerns may not be as bad as you think.

If you want a larger session than what you previously discussed with Dr. True then bring this up with him. He already knows your situation since he has seen you before so he may be able to accomodate your goals.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by RobertS:

Speak with both physicians about your concerns. BOth True & Dorin Medical and H&W are successfully utilizing the trychophytic closure technique so your scar concerns may not be as bad as you think.

If you want a larger session than what you previously discussed with Dr. True then bring this up with him. He already knows your situation since he has seen you before so he may be able to accomodate your goals.

-Robert

Thanks again.

I am from the UK and the only contact i can make is either phone or e-mail. i cant really afford to go back to NY. Next time i go back it will be for the procedure.

if i booked the HT with him, can i ask him to do more grafts.

so you think Dr True and Dorin are the best at closing the scar?

No, I didn't say that Dr. True and Dorin are necessarily better at the scar closure technique, just that both clinics are successfully using that technique.

I am sure that email correspondence would be fine to let the clinic know what your goals are. Even if you just shoot an email over to John A. at True and Dorin, I am positive that he will get it to Dr. True so he can work with you to accomplish your goals. I'm not trying to sway you away from H&W or anything, but my thinking is that you already flew from U.K. to NYC and saw Dr. True in person and you are comfortable that he will do a great job for you, then if all you want is more grafts than you originally thought you should just let him know since he already knows your situation.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Spur, remember to caution yourself with regards to size of session, etc... It is probably very safe to assume that you could go with a larger session, but you may not need that at this time. There is a HUGE difference between what we desire and what we might actually need. Do not brush off a 1500-2000 graft session because if they are properly placed around your existing native hair, you can have very pleasing results. I would consult with a few doctors just to get a feel for what each says, and then make a decision. Ultimately, you need to view some patients with various degrees of density and determine what will make YOU happy, and work from there. I hope this helps

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Spur, I think you are mistaken about the scar. It will not get bigger with every transplant you have. Subsequent transplants incorporate the existing scar in them, so the area is closed as if it was a single first time scar. In fact that's exactly what scar revision does for those unfortunate victims of a large scar.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Have you consulted with Feller he is also in NY and is very well respected. I intend to see him in the near future. True is a good surgeon along with H+W!

I met with spex who provides himself as a showcase for Feller in the U.K. Its worth meeting him if you can IMO even just to see what a HT looks like in person. Very good!

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Spur, I think you are mistaken about the scar. It will not get bigger with every transplant you have. Subsequent transplants incorporate the existing scar in them, so the area is closed as if it was a single first time scar. In fact that's exactly what scar revision does for those unfortunate victims of a large scar.

I agree 100%........Actually, I just had my 2nd HT about 1 month ago and I can already tell my scar is much more thin than the first. I'm guessing in a few months it'll be undetectable and I'm sure I won't have any concern about clipping it to #2 or #3. The new Trychophytic closure method is amazing!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.