A testament to scalp exercises

Jotronic

All,

Some of you that know my story know that the whole reason why I had my old mini/micro work eleven years ago was because my best friend wanted me to come along to a consultation with him. The rest is history.

Well, five months ago I was home for Xmas and I did an evaluation for him,(yes we're still best friends). He had three surgeries with Dr. Norris and wound up with about 1500 mini grafts to my 800. Like me he progressed to a NW6 with nothing but his grafts being on the top of his scalp. Well his scalp laxity was not good. I was figuring on maybe 2000 grafts for him on the high end which would be good enough to at least hide some of his old work so he could stop being embarrassed in public. I knew he wanted to come out to Vancouver to have Dr. Wong work on him but he didn't know when he'd be able to. I told him he may as well start the scalp exercises now and it would help him to be more prepared once he was able to come out.

When he arrived the other day for his pre-op consult with Dr. Wong his scalp laxity had improved greatly. So great in fact that Dr. Wong was able to harvest 4100 grafts the next day!!! Dr. Wong rebuilt his hairline, brought out his right temple to match the left temple and placed the rest of the grafts as far back as he could go which was just into the top of his crown. The rest of his crown is still bald.

I can't stress this enough guys. If you are coming to Hasson & Wong or ANY strip doc do yourself a favor and start these exercises NOW. It really does make a difference.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

All,

Some of you that know my story know that the whole reason why I had my old mini/micro work eleven years ago was because my best friend wanted me to come along to a consultation with him. The rest is history.

Well, five months ago I was home for Xmas and I did an evaluation for him,(yes we're still best friends). He had three surgeries with Dr. Norris and wound up with about 1500 mini grafts to my 800. Like me he progressed to a NW6 with nothing but his grafts being on the top of his scalp. Well his scalp laxity was not good. I was figuring on maybe 2000 grafts for him on the high end which would be good enough to at least hide some of his old work so he could stop being embarrassed in public. I knew he wanted to come out to Vancouver to have Dr. Wong work on him but he didn't know when he'd be able to. I told him he may as well start the scalp exercises now and it would help him to be more prepared once he was able to come out.

When he arrived the other day for his pre-op consult with Dr. Wong his scalp laxity had improved greatly. So great in fact that Dr. Wong was able to harvest 4100 grafts the next day!!! Dr. Wong rebuilt his hairline, brought out his right temple to match the left temple and placed the rest of the grafts as far back as he could go which was just into the top of his crown. The rest of his crown is still bald.

I can't stress this enough guys. If you are coming to Hasson & Wong or ANY strip doc do yourself a favor and start these exercises NOW. It really does make a difference.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I can dig how these exercises will help.....makes a lot of sense. Stupid question: Clasp your hands behind your head and move up and down, tight enough to move the scalp and not just the hair. Is this a rapid up-and-down motion over and over or a slow, controlled motion (i.e. pull up, hold, pull down, hold)? I'm doing it both ways and every way in between, looking friggin rediculous, but I would like to know the "proper" method. My skin is going to be so loose come June 7 the back of my head will look like a topless 80 yr old

Joe,

And About how many repititions per day (up and down is one rep) is ideal?

Thanks

I can dig how these exercises will help.....makes a lot of sense. Stupid question: Clasp your hands behind your head and move up and down, tight enough to move the scalp and not just the hair. Is this a rapid up-and-down motion over and over or a slow, controlled motion (i.e. pull up, hold, pull down, hold)? I'm doing it both ways and every way in between, looking friggin rediculous, but I would like to know the "proper" method. My skin is going to be so loose come June 7 the back of my head will look like a topless 80 yr old

Amazing that they were able to get so much more out of his scalp .....good for you Joe...

Another question for you Joe...i have this electric massage thing i got for Christmas a few years back...its a Remington or something that just slides over your hand, and has a little motor on it for massaging....i use it on my neck a lot..and just wondering if it might help loosen the scalp as well...any ideas?

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Do these scalp exercises and the scalp "stretching" lead to wrinkles in the face from the looser skin? Serious question. It would be nice to have more scalp looseness, but I wouldn't want it at the expense of my tight, wrinkle-free face.

I didn't find the exercises to increase the looseness of my scalp as much as they increased the laxity, i.e., my scalp was able to stretch to accomodate the loss of tissue taken as donor and still yield a very thin scar. No new wrinkles were visible before surgery even with doing the exercises.

Mr. T

Scalp exercises are nothing new infact,Martial Arts,physical and massage therapists have been employing stretching/exercising of the neck and various body areas for centuries.There is nothing new here just various or adaptation of century old techniques developed or refined now for the hair community.Unbelievable what's next?!

Joe~Sorry to burst your bubble guy!

Sorry guys, I've been slammeda and didn't see the questions.

Hugh,

Either way will work. I think that a combination of your two versions may work best. Move up, hold for half a second, then pull down and hold for half a second.

Truthseeker,

Ideally as often as you can but at least a couple hundred times a day to get a big noticeable difference. Less will work but you don't want to short change yourself.

Rugger,

I'm not going to ask for details on your "electric massage thing". That's probably personal anyway. Seriously, I don't think it would help much. You need to get some strong movement going and I don't think that would help. Using your hands is the best way.

Geedo,

No new wrinkles at all. It doesn't work like that so no worries.

Solid,

No bubble burst here. I never said we were the first to think of this. Just that it works and it helps a lot especially for those that have limited laxity. I think next will be the flying chopstick implantation method.

Joe...i dont understand Solid's slam or his rationale...what does neck and joint manipulation and stretching, have to do with scalp stretching??...one is muscle and tendon based, scalp stretching is more skin based....go figger huh...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???