6 months

I guess I just want some reassurance; I'm at 6 months post op of 1300 grafts. I was a Norwood 3. Had the grafts placed in the frontal hairline area. I definitely have a lot of growth and a lot of improvement then pre-op; but I'm hoping I have a lot of improvement left. I'm hoping it thickens up some more. Is it true that 6 months post-op you have about 50% of the final result? That's what I've heard.

Thanks for the replys

dhoose75,

I've heard the percentages before but everybody's different. From my prospective, as far as asthetic value/coverage appearance of your HT, I would guess at 6 months it's more like 60%-70%......especially for frontal work. Any before/after pics you can share so we can get a better understanding of what you had done? 1300 grafts won't provide density if the area's too big. Do you have an estimate of your grafts per sq. cm.?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

what about four month? I see some growth but the density is much less than it was after the operation (before they have fallen off). there are black hairs but there are no white ones now. I hope they will come - not sure what to do if they will not icon_confused.gif

I'm afraid everyone is different, some seem to do a lot of their growth early on whilst others see minimal growth at 6 months, this is why they say don't judge it till you are at your 1 year stage.

Basic- i am 4 months, your are in the stage where it is just about to kick off (hopefully) i can feel lots of new hairs coming through now, they are dark hairs but they don't seem as thick as my existing donor hair, not everybody gets those white fine baby hairs that some people seem to talk of.....i guess this is what seems to look like early growth.......the fact that your new sprouters are coming through thicker.........i can only guess that it is to do with the coarseness (is that a word) of your hair shaft in the first place.

Either way the hair does mature and thicken up from what it first appears like.

Good growth to you both

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Garageland,

I had white baby hair... now they are dark and thicker. but i don't see any new hair - whether it is white or dark.. that bothers me. I think I had even more hair before the HT than now (shock loss?)