800 FUE w/ Dr. Griffin?

Dewayne

For $5600. That's a small session, but his tech said the yield wouldn't be higher if I do a large session. Will it make a difference if I get 2,000 or so in one session vs. three sessions?

That's a lot of cash, imo. I've saved up $6k but I don't want to go into debt about it. FWIW, I had 300 'mini's' for $3k back when I was 25 in 1991. I've got crown and front thinning issues; and my part is thin.

I could use 3,000 I suppose if I had $15k or so. But, things like kid's college, retirement, mortgage, etc. are still important.... Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

For $5600. That's a small session, but his tech said the yield wouldn't be higher if I do a large session. Will it make a difference if I get 2,000 or so in one session vs. three sessions?

That's a lot of cash, imo. I've saved up $6k but I don't want to go into debt about it. FWIW, I had 300 'mini's' for $3k back when I was 25 in 1991. I've got crown and front thinning issues; and my part is thin.

I could use 3,000 I suppose if I had $15k or so. But, things like kid's college, retirement, mortgage, etc. are still important.... Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

D--- your thinning must be very slight for 800 grafts to make a difference.

I agree if you are going to do smaller sessions then go fue, but if your feeling the pinch at 6K-- my advice is walk away for now-- bank your 6K and add to it for a few years-- then go forward based on the best doc for you, not price.

I know it bothers you, but your really not that far away from being able to do 3K of strip.

Anyway, please let me know if I can help out--answer any questions, etc...

Let's slow down and reason through all of this-- the guys on here will really be able to help you out.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Dewayne,

It's important to discuss with Dr. Griffin your hair restoration goals beforehand so you know approximately how many grafts you will need for your current hair loss condition and what may be projected as needed in the future. That way, you can plan for the long term, both in terms of reserving donor hair and financially.

FUE is more expensive than Strip for sure. But those who don't mind paying the big bucks and/or older patients who don't need many grafts sometimes feel that this is the route to go.

Personally, I haven't seen enough consistency yet with FUE to be a strong advocate of it. Though it does appear in smaller sessions with proper and careful graft care, it can prove to be quite beneficial.

Best wishes,

Bill