Scar

Hi everyone,how short can i wear my hair realistically at the back after a strip surgery.Ive always wore my hair buzz cut three at the back and wouldn't go any shorter,would this be possible.I am going to go 1800 FUT with Dr Ron Shapiro or Dr Alexander,all in hairline.

Hi everyone,how short can i wear my hair realistically at the back after a strip surgery.Ive always wore my hair buzz cut three at the back and wouldn't go any shorter,would this be possible.I am going to go 1800 FUT with Dr Ron Shapiro or Dr Alexander,all in hairline.

Both Drs Alexander and Shapiro do excellent work.

I have posted alot on this site on techniques to use to TRY to get the best scar possible. Everyone heals differently, but the 2 docs you mentioned do great jobs.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have asked the exact same question, as I also shave the sides and back down to a number 2 and then have the top cut down to a number 4. I do want to cut my hair the same after a HT and have been told, again based on my healing characteristics, that it is possible to continue post-op.

I have been told by several physicians and consultants that a number 3 clip is definitely possible without detection and a number 2 clip is possibly possible.

It is a chance/risk that you take having a HT. I hope that when I go through a procedure, I heal well enough to cut my hair the same way I currently do (with more hair of course).

Take a peek at H&W's playlist as they have a patient shaved down to a number 1 clip, I believe, and it is virtually undetectanble.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I agree that Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Alexander do first-rate work.

But scar healing is a bit unpredictable. The surgeon's technique is a huge part of it, but patient's healing characteristics and overall physiology has something to do with it, along with patient postoperative care.

Be sure to ask both surgeons you are considering their approach to creating a minimal scar and the risks of stretching.

Best wishes,

Bill

Shapiro from my experience has great closure techniques with sub Q and surface levels. Much like closures plastic surgeons use. He used staples with mine and you can not see and barely feel the scar.

SMOOTHY

Dr.Shapiro

Propeica/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Zinc/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3 oz daily