H&w MEGASESSION....?

1.I AM PLANNING A SURGERY WITH GREAT LEGENDS RESPECTED DR H&W SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY GRAFTS DO H&W CAN EXTRACT IN A BIG !!BIG MEGA SESSION BECAUSE I WANT TO GET MAXIMUM COVERAGE IN MY FIRST SURGERY.

2.I HAVE BALDNESS IN MY CROWN ALSO SO WILLL 1 MEGA SESSION COVER ALL THE AREA CONCERNED OR I WILL REQUIRE A SECOND SURGERY icon_confused.gif

3.I MAY GET MY SESSION BOOKED IN MARCH SO STARTING SCALP EXERCISE FROM NOW ON WILL GIVE ME WHAT SORT OF BENEFITS?.

4.SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON PROPECIA AND ROGAINE 5%

SINCE 1 YEAR I WONDER WHAT WILL BE THE SIDE EFFECTS ONCE I STOP APPLYING ROGAINE BECAUSE H&W REQUIRE NO ROGAINE 3 MONTHS PRE SURGERY.

5.I THINK I HAVE GAINED QUITE A NO OF HAIRS ON MY FRONTAL REGION DUE TO ROGAINE SO I HAVE A FEAR THAT I MIGHT LOOSE THEM.

6.I AM NW4 SO WILL 1 MEGASESSION DO IT FOR ME.I WANT A VERY MATURED HAIRLINE BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL BE REQUIRING MORE SURGERIES.

1.I AM PLANNING A SURGERY WITH GREAT LEGENDS RESPECTED DR H&W SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY GRAFTS DO H&W CAN EXTRACT IN A BIG !!BIG MEGA SESSION BECAUSE I WANT TO GET MAXIMUM COVERAGE IN MY FIRST SURGERY.

2.I HAVE BALDNESS IN MY CROWN ALSO SO WILLL 1 MEGA SESSION COVER ALL THE AREA CONCERNED OR I WILL REQUIRE A SECOND SURGERY icon_confused.gif

3.I MAY GET MY SESSION BOOKED IN MARCH SO STARTING SCALP EXERCISE FROM NOW ON WILL GIVE ME WHAT SORT OF BENEFITS?.

4.SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON PROPECIA AND ROGAINE 5%

SINCE 1 YEAR I WONDER WHAT WILL BE THE SIDE EFFECTS ONCE I STOP APPLYING ROGAINE BECAUSE H&W REQUIRE NO ROGAINE 3 MONTHS PRE SURGERY.

5.I THINK I HAVE GAINED QUITE A NO OF HAIRS ON MY FRONTAL REGION DUE TO ROGAINE SO I HAVE A FEAR THAT I MIGHT LOOSE THEM.

6.I AM NW4 SO WILL 1 MEGASESSION DO IT FOR ME.I WANT A VERY MATURED HAIRLINE BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL BE REQUIRING MORE SURGERIES.

bllorayne,

If you are a candidate for a megasession, I'm sure Hasson and Wong will tell you. Much needs to be evaluated in order to determine what's appropriate for a single session.

Though some are skeptical, I believe (as others do) that scalp exercises can help increase scalp elasticity, which may help a surgeon extract more grafts in a single session. 2 months of good solid exercises should be adequate for most patients.

Stopping Rogaine will result in a loss of benefit (and hair regrown) from the medication. Propecia can be used through the surgery though and may help maintain some of it. But hair regrown from minoxidil is often dependent on it to survive.

Depending on a number of factors, you may need more than one session. But if you are an optimal candidate for a large megasession, one hair transplant may be sufficient assuming you don't lose more hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

Using rogaine promotes blood flow to the area where it is applied. From my understanding the area where rogaine is applied affects the skin and bleeding. If rogaine is used in the recipient area the skin in is kind of "mushy" and it bleeds more than normal.

So basically, they want you to refrain from using it so the skin goes back to normal and there will be less bleeding during surgery.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by dakota3:

Why do H&W require not using rogaine for 3 months leading up to the procedure and what happens if you dont follow these instructions?

SO WE HAVE A NEW DOC I OUR COMMUNITY EMAN....DUDE YOU ARE 100 % THANKS.LOVE YOU.....

I used Rogaine up to the mega session 4516 grafts I had with Dr. Cooley which was a week ago. I was not told to stop the Rogaine at all but to keep using it one time a day along with the FIN 2.5 mg M-W-F.