Not sure what type of fu/cm I should be getting

I guess I did not do as much homework on this area,but still safe since my ht will be done feb 7th 2008. If someone could take a look at my web blog pics and tell me what I should be achieving that would be great!!! I am having 2400 grafts done on just my frontal area with no lowered hairline to have a natural look. I want to have my military hair style back and I wear it about 3 inches long with buzzer on the sides and back with a fade. My hair is very fine like an asian person. lol Thanks

I guess I did not do as much homework on this area,but still safe since my ht will be done feb 7th 2008. If someone could take a look at my web blog pics and tell me what I should be achieving that would be great!!! I am having 2400 grafts done on just my frontal area with no lowered hairline to have a natural look. I want to have my military hair style back and I wear it about 3 inches long with buzzer on the sides and back with a fade. My hair is very fine like an asian person. lol Thanks

Hi,

Hmmm, most asian hairs not typically described as very fine. It's usally thick and coarse. The density is also typically lower than someone with blonde or light brown hairs.

My guess from your one pic you provided, you need coverage for the frontal 1/2 of your head. You could probably use 3,000-3500 for the frontal 1/2, but your density in the donor may now allow for that many. 2-2500 will give you a decent coverage-somewhere around 30-40/cm2. You're in good hand with Dr. E. I'm sure he has a plan and knows how to allocate the grafts to give you max coverge. Good luck!

There is a very real possibilty that you will not be able to buzz your sides and back without seeing the scar or a ridge in the hair caused by the scar.

Everyone is differnt in terms of how the sar shows. I still think strip is the way to go, but be forewarned that your expectations may not be in line with what you may get.

Good luck.