Seemingly Stalled Growth?

Hi guys,

I'm almost at six months now following my procedure. My hair is definitely showing improvement. However when I rub my hand over the transplanted area, I can feel small prickly hair that seems unwilling or unable to grow any further. Is this normal?

Six months seems like enough time to have all of my transplants up and running? Is more patience needed?

Thanks

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi guys,

I'm almost at six months now following my procedure. My hair is definitely showing improvement. However when I rub my hand over the transplanted area, I can feel small prickly hair that seems unwilling or unable to grow any further. Is this normal?

Six months seems like enough time to have all of my transplants up and running? Is more patience needed?

Thanks

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Mid-

Patience is a virtue with HT's, my friend, just like in life!! Not to worry, if it's stubble now I'm not sure why it would stall but I'm sure it will eventually grow. icon_cool.gif

From my prospective, after reviewing your blog, your 4 month pics didn't really show much action so your growth may be starting just a tad on the late side. For the positive, this should mean that months 7 on should be eventful for you.

Hang in there and give it a little more time.....it'll come!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Guest Cousin_It

Midiman...

Patience is a virtue you must exercise when having a transplant. There is no rhyme or reason for the growing patterns that follows. My best advice to you is not to evaluate your progress as compared to others. We are all individuals, with our own set growth patterns.

Since Dr.Keene is an excellent surgeon, I am sure the procedure was done correctly. Just wait it out and I am sure you will be rewarded for your patience. Good Luck growing.

Thanks... glad to know I'm not alone with this.

I'll have some 6 month pictures on my blog in about two weeks. On a side note, my wife has started to notice it more... that's a good thing. The real test will be when my 7 year old stops calling me bald! icon_biggrin.gif

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog