scabs falling, after 10 days

hello,, ok, so far i can see that some scabies have started to fall i say this becuase ther are areas that i do not see any more dry scabs in some areas, but i also see that there is no hair , did the hair fall out with the scab cuase it only makes it look like the doc missed these areas,, yet in the pics i have there are planted graphs in those areas,, little concern, thanks

hello,, ok, so far i can see that some scabies have started to fall i say this becuase ther are areas that i do not see any more dry scabs in some areas, but i also see that there is no hair , did the hair fall out with the scab cuase it only makes it look like the doc missed these areas,, yet in the pics i have there are planted graphs in those areas,, little concern, thanks

this is totally normal. When your scabs fall off the hairs can be attached to them. But after 10 days the graft is secured and in a few months the hair will start growing again. All you are seeing is the hair not the graft itself. You are good to go! Time for the healing and down time and in a couple of months the hair will start growing! Hang in there man!

start picking at them, as to help them fall off? i can see that some are really loose but i have just been pouring water as when i take a shower, (not from shower head,) man i kind of hate to see the little hairs go,,, thanks for the advice

No don't pick them!!!!!!!!

Bill told you to MASSAGE them with your fingertips!!!!!!

Never pick at them!!!!!!!

BAD Rafael!!!!

BAD Rafael!!!!

BAD Rafael!!!!

There......... I hope this reminds you to listen to Bill whenever you try to pick your scabs!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

start picking at them, as to help them fall off?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't PICK!!!!! :P

Gently massage...do NOT use your nails! In the shower, lather your head up with shampoo and take your finger tips (not the nail) and massage in a circular motion on the scabs which will help work them off.

Hope that was more clear icon_wink.gif

Bill Clone 3

LOL, icon_redface.gif ok,, my mistake wrong choice of words, (pick) that is true you did say massage damn, i need to pay attention to what i read, lol, sorry guys, got , got it,, thanks for everything, one new thing i have my next appointment on the 7th of march but i think i feel 2 stitches that were left (not staples ) nurse said she coulnd not see anymore but to be on the look out, only becuase my hair is black and there was some scabby stuff too, so as far as i know she missed 2 is it cool to wait till the 7th ? i asked my kid to check it out, and maybe he could take it off but he chickend out, my wife feaked too, didnt want to take a chance on hurting me , i guess she must love me, icon_smile.gif

The nurse missed stitches? But your wife and kid saw them? My advice is...see a different nurse =P.

The only problem I see with leaving the remaining two stitches in there is that it could irritate your skin, especially since your body wants to start healing where the stitches are, it will probably itch like crazy. Anyway...IMO, the sooner you get them out the better...just for your sanity so you don't feel compelled to scratch icon_wink.gif

Bill

any advise on when i can start doing excersise? not that i did any before, but i want to start cuase i happen to have high cholesterol, damn! lol and i want to start sweatging to the oldies or maybe even some light weight trainging

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I have just completed my 6th day of healing and I had just a small concern that I wanted to share and see what everyone thought. After I get out of the shower or bath the area where I had the graphs appear to be different from when it was dry. The transplanted area appearance turns from dry reddish scabs to translucent tissue-like bumps. I have found some of these tissue-like bumps that have fallen off with little hairs in it. Does this mean some of my graph has fallen out or is this normal? I have been extra careful and extra lazy since the procedure.

Will some of the transplant not take or is it expected that all should take?

Thanks

Pinky,

Welcome to our forum community.

May I first suggest, for your own benefit, to start your own thread in the hair restoration questions and answers forum. You will get a great number of responses from many educated and veteran members of our community.

All you have to do is click "New", and "discussion" and post your topic.

Best wishes,

Bill