Choi, DR Santos and Hair Transplants

Hi to all taking the time to read this,

I am a 21 year old, and have a receeding hair line at the temples and what i believe to be thinning on top. I believe this to have started at age 17 / 18, which as im sure after reading a lot of posts on here you all understand definitley has affected my confidence.

I have been on Propecia now for around 9-12 months, and i have noticed a difference in the hair loss rate and believe it to be slowing substantially. About 5 months ago i made a decision i would go ahead with a HT, and found the site www.headofhair.com

After extensive research on the Choi procedure they use and the surgeon DR santos in Athens i have read almost nothing but bad things about this type of procedure, definitley enough to put me off having it done.

I wanted to get some advice of people that have been through similar experiences, have a knowledge / personal experience of Choi or reccomendations on sugeons or how i should move ahead with things if i should give it another year on propecia and another year of research before deciding whether or not to go ahead with a HT.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

thank you.

Hi to all taking the time to read this,

I am a 21 year old, and have a receeding hair line at the temples and what i believe to be thinning on top. I believe this to have started at age 17 / 18, which as im sure after reading a lot of posts on here you all understand definitley has affected my confidence.

I have been on Propecia now for around 9-12 months, and i have noticed a difference in the hair loss rate and believe it to be slowing substantially. About 5 months ago i made a decision i would go ahead with a HT, and found the site www.headofhair.com

After extensive research on the Choi procedure they use and the surgeon DR santos in Athens i have read almost nothing but bad things about this type of procedure, definitley enough to put me off having it done.

I wanted to get some advice of people that have been through similar experiences, have a knowledge / personal experience of Choi or reccomendations on sugeons or how i should move ahead with things if i should give it another year on propecia and another year of research before deciding whether or not to go ahead with a HT.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

thank you.

Danny,

It looks like Dr. Feller already answered a number of your questions about the Choi implanter on this thread. I personally feel that automated tools may have a place in hair restoration, but nothing beats the experienced hands of world renown surgeons. As Dr. Feller pointed out, too much handling of the grafts can cause potential damage and impact growth yield.

I encourage you to continue your research and consider surgeons with a proven consistency of positive results. You'll notice a multitude of first-rate surgeons posting examples of quality work in the Patient Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum. You'll find patients posting their own results in the Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients section.

If you are looking to cross reference other forums, try typing "hair loss forum" in google.

Best wishes,

Bill

I went to Athens and bottled out of this procedure and I am very thankfull that I did.

Since I got back I read lot of things about these people and this procedure and I wouldnt recommend it.

Go to America, 8 hours in the air is better than a lifetime on you're head.

• 2 weeks later...

danny m, i also followed andy and read all his posts, but at the end have a look at the final pics lighting airbrushing spring to mind, i find it hard to believe you can come from that first pic to a full tick head of hair

maybe im wrong BUT after stumbling on this and

HLH sites it seems now your expectations have to be realistic, somebody who is a nw4,5,6 he aint gonna look like tom cruise in top gun.

before i was tempted with choi, but now its doctors feller,armani or umar,

why they have consistent results