Recent Hair transplantation

This is the first time I have actually done any research on hair transplants. Not very smart considering I have had two. I am in my late 20's and I had my first surgery 1 year ago. It was 300 grafts. My last surgery was 2 1/2 months ago and it was 800 grafts. I only had work done on the hairline, but, it seems to be getting harder to cover up and thinning faster. I have blond hair and it has always been thin. It seems to have thinned out alot since the last surgery and I am starting to get worried. Just started propecia two weeks ago. Not sure how this will turn out. Transplant area is not thick enough to conceal. It was a laser transplant but incisions were made with a scalpal. Any advice?? Anyone have pictures of 1100 micrograft sessions.

This is the first time I have actually done any research on hair transplants. Not very smart considering I have had two. I am in my late 20's and I had my first surgery 1 year ago. It was 300 grafts. My last surgery was 2 1/2 months ago and it was 800 grafts. I only had work done on the hairline, but, it seems to be getting harder to cover up and thinning faster. I have blond hair and it has always been thin. It seems to have thinned out alot since the last surgery and I am starting to get worried. Just started propecia two weeks ago. Not sure how this will turn out. Transplant area is not thick enough to conceal. It was a laser transplant but incisions were made with a scalpal. Any advice?? Anyone have pictures of 1100 micrograft sessions.

My advice is to wait minimum 3-6 months to access how things look. If you are dissatisfied, get an HT from a top doc. You may find out that the result is actually okay. I think you need a bit more time post op before you can judge the result.

And it is not too late to "set things right" if you feel they are not right now. Keep reading posts and get educated so you know your options. Best of luck!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 3 weeks later...

matthew:

He already did it, and now he's worried. It is now "wait and see". It I'm reading his post right, he isn't considering another "laser" or "micrograft" type surgery. He is just reporting what he did and is a little worried.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

This makes me not happy!

How doctors can use these kinds of horrable procedures is very upsetting and makes me angry as hell. The total disfigurment that results is just unethical. The only procedure to consider is FUT and or FUE. Nothing eles. I did see another post by shane that was asking about another LAser place in Florida. That is what is making me worried.

Yes, calm down Matthew. Even I don't pull the fire alarm like that when someone comes back from a clinic like NuHart.

The laser is one way some doctors create the recipient sites. A lot of doctors have investigated using lasers, most have stuck with the typical needles or scalpel for site creation.

If I read his other posts correctly, Shane went to a clinic that uses microscopes to dissect FU grafts, which is the right choice. He certainly should not end up with a terrible result. I know your intentions are good, but after the surgery is not the time to yell at someone. You could really throw someone into a terrible funk, and it may not even be a bad transplant. We don't know. Hopefully this guy will be happy with his results.

no kidding, calm down dude. writing quotes like "What is wrong with you?" after somone had an HT performed is not cool.

Hi shane80,

It realy is wait and see time. And most likely you will have hair growth.

Where did you go for the second Hair transplant ?

Give us a web link so we can check it out.

Shane:

I do appoligize for the comment I made. It was not a good thing to do. Please accept my appoligizes for the comment. I was just very worried.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No problem, Its hard to express an opinion with email because context doesnt come out right. I didnt have much time for research at the time because its hard to leave work. Now I know. It may turn out well, im not sure yet. What I am actually worried about is the accelerated thinning, but, I didnt know that such a thing as "shock loss" existed until recently. It was easy to cover up with the first session but it seems that my hair got thinner very fast after the second. I will let you know how it turns out. I am getting tired of the comb forward. It been over a year ive had to sport this stupid style.

shane80 "I am getting tired of the comb forward."

I hear ya brother...I can't wait to be able to take a fistfull of crisco and slick my hair strait back in the other direction..LOL..Take care