Will Concealer threaten the sucess of a HT?

You will get a variety of answers on this one. I've heard many docs say it's ok to use concealers after about a week post-op. Dr. Paul thinks I should be stay off of dermmatch for a few months. Either way, I think if you use concealer post-op, you should wash it out before you go to bed.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I'm with Aaron that you can get a variety of answers...I was a concealer fiend and researched long and hard into this and never found a totally resolute answer....

Personally, after a week I was using concealers pretty heavily and almost every day -- and I was often sleeping with them in my hair. I ended up in pretty good shape, so the concealer didn't compromise my HT (unless, of course, my growth would be even thicker if I hadn't....icon_smile.gif)

There's so much variability to the unknown of medicine, that to be safe I would simply say to wait as long as you can and use as little as possible and always wash it out prior to sleeping. Either way, I would absolutely do what Jason mentioned and to wait a week+ before considering; after that, I think it's a game of risk tolerance (i.e. you'll likely be fine no matter what, but to be "extra"-sure and seal off any doubt not using them for a couple months is the only sure thing.).

Likely, the path decided will closely mimic your personal choices in the bedroom and feelings on the efficacy of birth controls.... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

"You probably want you new hair to grow without any obstacles."

vs.

"No - hair grows under your scalp."

Like I said, a variety of views on this toppik... I mean topic. icon_razz.gif

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group