Thickening shampoo and multi-vitamin supplements

Let's be honest, propecia and rogaine and all that stuff can cost money and you have to keep using it to the point where it seems like you develop a dependency for it. You stop using it, it all just falls out again, and possibly at a faster rate too.

So tell me, would quitting smoking cigarettes, using a thickening shampoo, and taking a multi-vitamin once a day be enough to keep (not regrow) what hair that I have left?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's be honest, propecia and rogaine and all that stuff can cost money and you have to keep using it to the point where it seems like you develop a dependency for it. You stop using it, it all just falls out again, and possibly at a faster rate too.

So tell me, would quitting smoking cigarettes, using a thickening shampoo, and taking a multi-vitamin once a day be enough to keep (not regrow) what hair that I have left?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

It's certainly wouldn't hurt but I highly doubt it wouldn't have any regrowth or hair loss stoppage effect.. It won't affect the DHT levels but a healthier lifestyle might make the existing hair a bit fuller ...

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

I would encourage you to quit smoking for other health reasons besides your hair. I suppose you could make a case that smoking constricts blood flow to the skin which could hinder the health of your hair.

You need to remember that genetics will overpower all of these efforts in the long run. If it is in the cards that you will lose hair, it is very hard to stop.

Propecia is your best chance, particularly if you are young to save your natural hair, rogaine can help regrow some but if you have just lost a small amount it may not be worth the trouble and cost for any potential gain. If you choose one or the other go with finasteride (propecia). You can svae money by getting the generic finasteride (proscar). Do a search on it.

Good luck my friend,

NoBuzz

I doubt it. Keith Richards seemed to have his own regimine that I would never endorse but worked for him. icon_smile.gif Hard to believe that bastard is still moving. My point is that genetics can suck sometimes.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I think I read somewhere that vitamin B12 helps to grow and strengthen hair. Is it possible it might somehow counteract hair loss?

Thanks for your responses, ever since I noticed that I can't use hair gel and spike my hair up in the front, I've been getting a bit stressed over this..

If B12 counteracted hairloss studies would have proven this. The ONLY thing at this point I feel has PROVEN to POSSIBLY halt hair loss with maybe a little regrowth is Minoxidil or Finasteride.

Yes, there are likely many things you can take or use to strengthen your hair, make it look better/healthier, maybe a little fuller (maybe).......but none other than the above are proven to help hair loss.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.