Scalp Med

Hey guys, I just registered to this site, and found it after viewing the ScalpMed infomercial. I'm 23 and have been losing hair since I was about 17, and also thought ScalpMed was too good to be true. I in turn did some searches on google and came up with the following things...

This blog, apparently by a doctor, states that ScalpMed is not FDA approved as the infomercial states. http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/10/05/scalpmed/

Also, our friend Sherida also posted the same types of comments at this forum [promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

I'm not exactly sure if I am allowed to post links as I am a new member to this site, but if I am not please disregard them.

Also, any ideas on what I can do to regrow my hair that has worked for you guys? I've looked through the forums and after continuous hours of research I found that transplants were the way to go, but of course me being 23, the price is too steep for me.

Thanks for any input.

-Sam

propecia and Minoxidil are the only "proven" items that work. Stick to these

P.s. That Sherida is a real piece of work.. What a crook

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by samp57:

Hey guys, I just registered to this site, and found it after viewing the ScalpMed infomercial. I'm 23 and have been losing hair since I was about 17, and also thought ScalpMed was too good to be true. I in turn did some searches on google and came up with the following things...

This blog, apparently by a doctor, states that ScalpMed is not FDA approved as the infomercial states. http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/10/05/scalpmed/

Also, our friend Sherida also posted the same types of comments at this forum [promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

I'm not exactly sure if I am allowed to post links as I am a new member to this site, but if I am not please disregard them.

Also, any ideas on what I can do to regrow my hair that has worked for you guys? I've looked through the forums and after continuous hours of research I found that transplants were the way to go, but of course me being 23, the price is too steep for me.

Thanks for any input.

-Sam

Welcoem to the Hair Restoration Research forums, samp57.

I had to take down one of your links since it was linked to a promotional website. Forum rules ask that users refrain from posting such links.

As for the poster in question, I will leave forum members to draw their own conclusions judging from what tactics posters that have touted the product have used - even after I gave those posters the benefit of the doubt to prove their credibility.

A hair transplant may or may not be an adequate solution for you. Keep researching. You will find that there are medications and treatments available that can stave off future loss and may even regrow lost hair with varying degrees of efficacy. Read and judge for yourself on what may be best for you. At 23, your hair loss very well may be limited enough to where you can get some very impressive results.

Good luck and keep reading!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Sorry about the link mishap, I should've read the forum rules more closely. Also, thanks for the advice, I've been researching quite a bit lately, and of course do not have a definitive answer. But with the research, I have come to gain a lot of knowledge on the subject, which will most likely help in my decision.

Thanks again

-Sam

After watching a Scalp Med infomercial this morning, I decided to look around the internet to learn what I could about the product. I came acoss this website and I have a few questions that might make me appear very gullable. Perhaps I am.

If my memory serves me, weren't some of the testimonials on that infomercial by board certified and accredited MD's?

There were some guys on the infomercial whose hair growth looked amazing. Can someone explain to me, without a skeptical overtone, were their pictures not real? They certainly looked real.

I think the product offers a 60 day, money back, no risk guarantee. Is 60 days enough time to know if a hairgrowth product works?

I am not in need of any hair replacement. I have all my hair. I'm 44 years old. However, I know many people who struggle with hair loss. It's awful to think that this product could be the scam some of you are saying it is. If it is, aren't there laws governing the television airwaves protecting consumers? Doesn't the FDA or the FTC have jurisdiction over all topical products that make claims such as this product?

I took the time to join this site so I could ask these questions. I hope someone with real knowledge takes the time to KINDLY educate me.

Regards,

JimmyV

Hi

FDA does not monitor these type of products, thus the multitude of false claims on TV as well as print. Most "scam"companies will give a money back guarantee due to the fact most people buy it and just forget..

Bottom line is only Propecia and Minoxidil are FDA approved to grow hair. You can get any MD to endorse a product. It's just an opinion. Take a look at any weight loss commerical ..

You said the magic word :

"infomercial"..It's all paid advertising and they can show whatever they want

Don't know what answer you are looking for but there is plenty of "real knowledge" in this discussion. I don't think anyone was skeptical rather questioning claims that have no validity other than a late night TV commerical.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good Find

Basically, the whole article is a "play on words" and they had to "revise" their claims Since it has Minoxidil they can claim it regrows hair..Marketing is a great thing

Bottom line, buy Minoxidil and save a ton

P.S. look at the other claims on the list..It's a nightowl's dream

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

wells its nice to see your emotions and feelings on tv but i don't how much reality in that tear drops. i spent over hundred $ in scalp med, it is just another scam. did not work as show in tv not even 0% close to it. i'm sick and tired of getting lure at these kind of products. poeple! ask yourself before you buy this product "TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE"....is scam.

this one is master scam. people! u won't be seeing these emotional tear drop adds that long because these pirates will vanish with $Millions in thier pocket pretty soon..just another pirate in bay. as far as i can see miss Sherida Devine, she will be getting free cruise with pirates pretty soon. i'm really impressed by your acting..will nominate you for OSCAR for your role in "Pirates Of Scalp Med"...g'luck