Scalp Med

Has anyone heard of a product called Scalpmed (promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert)? I saw it on an infomercial last week and couldn't believe the results they were showing. It's applied with a spray pump, and results seem too good to be true.

Hi

1 word. INFOMERCIAL..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I saw the infomercial as well. The "results" of their product are incredible or so they want you to think. During my time watching it they never said what was in this product and were very vague on many other points all the while bashing any of the proven treatments we have today. It was a rather shameless advertisment right down to the sobbing women saying how Scalp Med saved her not to mention the rather shapely hostess that was ready to fall out of her blouse. Until I hear some hardcore evidence that this stuff is the "miracle drug" we have been waiting for I will stick to my transplants, Rogaine, and Propecia thank you very much!

And did eveyone notice that none of the people on the infomercial ever touched, or ran their fingers through their 'newly grown' hair? Not one! They didn't part the hair to show results, or move it around in any way.

My experience says 'if it sounds too good to be true...'

I used a product in 1995 called Rio, from an infomercial that was supposed to relax hair without harmful chemicals. The mixture (demostrated on an infomercial by a well known actress) was supposed to be 100% natural, and so safe that the host 'swallowed a teaspoon full'. Long story short, millions ordered this stuff, including me thinking worse case senario, it just won't work. After the first application my long, thick hair literally fell out in my hands. In a panic I frantically called the company for help, while holding my hair in my hands. No one would take my calls. Since I had so much hair prior to using this stuff I was spared baldness, but my hair texture and volume have never been the same. Others were not so lucky. People used this 'safe' stuff on albinos whose skin is extremely sensitive, and children with thick, tight, curly hair. Many wound up in the hospital.

I sought the help of an attorney who immediately turned it into a class action suit. I was on the news in Florida and so many came forth all over the country that we would up, 2 years later, with about $100 each. The RIO manufacturer took the millions, left the country and we were left to split the insurance only.

After a chemical analysis run by a chemist hired by our attorney, the findings were that this 'safe' cream had a base that was comparable to that of battery acid. Our hair had been literally BURNED off of our scalps. The teaspoon eaten by the host? Probably yogurt.

So be careful before you use anything that sounds too good to be true. I wish that I had.

Di,

Thanks for coming on the forums and sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear that your own experience wasn't as bad as it could be, but I hate to hear that you had a bad experience at all.

This is definitely a "Buyer Beware" market. I encourage all members to bring any and all questions regarding any suspicious "hair growth concoctions" to the forums for scrutiny by all of us.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Guys!

Just use common sense.. You see all of these ab firming infomercials and exercise gadgets.. The people performing the commerical are bodybuilders. Do you think they got that way by using a little "gadget".. It's the same for these pills for hair loss. Only propecia and Rogaine are proven...The rest in my opinion don't work ( although Nizoral has been shown to help a little). They just try to steal your money by giving false hope.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I saw that infomercial last night and at first, I was excited. As I watched more of the advertisement, I just felt that it was too good to be true. Anyways, I decided that I would research it some more and then fell off to sleep. By-the-way, I had a wonderful dream afterwards, that I had regained all of my hair. Of course I woke up pissed. I stumbled upon this forum as a result of my research on this product and from my research I began to look for answers that this company could not provide. For one, it did not mention that it could restore a receeding hairline. The infomercial did not mention the price either. I see why now...it is way too expensive. I'd rather save and get implants in which I believe will provide a more permanent affect. I don't trust this product. I can achieve the same results using a much less expensive, medically studied, and a better guaranteed product...'ROGAIN'.

• 2 months later...

I just read the messages posted by some of the members of the forum and I must say it broke my heart. First let me introduce myself. My name is Sherida Devine and I am the African American woman in the "Infomercial". First I would like to say that I did not get paid to give my testimony of my experience.

It is apparent that you are as doubtful as I was when I first learned of the product, however I did take the risk, with a prayer, and it worked for me. I even have witnesses to my results.

I also understand the question about running our fingers through my hair. That did occur, but it is not on the commercial. I don't make the commercials therefore I can not explain why it was not on there. What I can tell you is that the product is REAL and it DOES WORK!!!

When I first contacted the clinic, I did not believe anything would help my situation because I had been using everything. I contacted them to ask about a hair transplant, but instead they asked me if I would like to try Scalp Med instead. At that point what did I have to loose. Another couple hundred dollars? I was already in the hole for 100's of thousands. I agreed to try it and left the rest to hope, faith, and my trust in God that He would answer my prayer request.

At first I did not see any results, even when Shane stated that there was hair beginning to grow at 4 weeks. When he left the office I wiped the screen to see if it was dust. It was not, but I was not convinced. His excitement was encouraging enough to continue using the product.

Needless to say, after over 15 years of wigs, weaves, pills, laser treatments, etc., my hair grew back. If I had criticized the product before patiently using it, I would have wasted money on a hair transplant.

Due to Shane's honesty, I did not waste my money, and now I have my hair. He could have easily refered me to the doctor that does the transplants. I just hope you do more research before knocking what could be your blessing.

Look at my results: [promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

Sincerely,

Sherida Devine

Welcome to the forums, Sherida, and sharing your positive experience.

Please understand that the typical posters' first post on the forums does not read quite like yours in that it does not advertise for a hair loss treatment. Some may regard your first post as spam, however, for the sake of discussion and the interest in the treatment you are speaking of, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

However, according to the forum rules and regulations that you agreed to, links to outside promotional websites are not permitted. This allows us to ensure that positive exchange of information takes place between real hair loss sufferers and is not tainted by advertising and corporate "shills." It is for that reason I am taking the links out of your post.

Please feel free to use the photos of yourself on that site to upload to and make a photo album if you would like to share your regrowth with the forum members. I am posting some helpful directions on how to do this below:

Making a photo album is easy and takes just a few minutes. Just follow these steps.

1. Go to the "New" button, click it, and select "Photo Album."

2. If you are on the main page when you do this, it will ask which forum it belongs under. The "Hair Loss Drugs" forum would be appropriate for your photo album. If you are already in this forum when you pull up the "Photo Album" option, it will pop up with a small screen that will direct you throughout the process.

3. Select an album name.

4. Give your photo album an introduction. This is just like a regular post.

5. Select "Personal Album" if you want to be the only one that can manipulate, add, and delete photos.

"Community Album" allows any member to add photos.

6. Hit "Next."

7. Now you upload the photos from your hard drive. You can upload nine at a time, but you have the option to upload more after the first nine are uploaded.

8. Hit "Next."

9. The next screen allows you to organize your photos in whatever order you like and to add text to them.

10. Hit "Next" again and it will show you roughly what your album will look like. It doesnt show paragraphs but they will come out like you typed it.

11. Select "Post" if you are happy with the arrangement.

12. You can always go back and edit your photo album.

13. To reply to photo albums, you just click on "comments" at the bottom of the album and then click on the little arrow that appears in the bottom left corner. To reply to regular posts you just click "Reply."

To see comments to the photo album, just click "comments."

If you have any questions, feel free to private message me.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi

Another different way to waste your money on hair loss products! Personally, I would not buy any product advertised on late night TV.. It takes 4-6 months (minimum) to show signs of growth using Minoxidil which is FDA approved ..No way you'd see results in 4 weeks Sorry , I do not believe this one bit.. Look on the web and you'll see it listed like this

" Scalp Med - As seen on TV "

Check out this website for credible documented knowledge. View the videos at the bottom

http://medbroadcast.healthology.com/medbroadcast/15674.htm

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Sherida i saw your testimonial on the scalp med advertisment and you are extremelly convincing. You seem both genuine and sincere. If your claims are true then congradulations your hair looks great now. If by some chance you are an actor or someone being paid by the scalp med people then i guess you are going to hell as you reference god in your post, and you know how he feels about liars who con others. To understand the tone of other posters you must realize that real effective legitimate products for hair loss are few and far between. Most people on this site have been burnt at least once by unscrupulous companies preying on the hair loss sufferers desperation and need for hope to end their hair loss. You too must understand this as you mention that you had been using everything without success. Although you do seem very sincere i am confused about one thing and i am hoping u can enlighten me with respect to the following: You say that you had been using everything without success and therefore i assume that you had been using rogaine for woman. It would be very difficult for me to believe that if you had been using everything that you would not have been on this product. What i find confusing is why rogaine for woman would not have been effective for you as it contains the exact same approved hair loss drug minoxidil as is found in scalp med. I am sure that at this point in your hair loss efforts and with your close relationship to the scalp med people you would have been informed that the active ingredient in scalp med was minoxidil. Talk to me Sherida and make me a believer.

Hairyer,

Your diplomacy is a tribute to to us all icon_smile.gif .My issue with "Mrs Devine" (what a nice name) is there is no merit or any proof whatsoever to her statements, rather just a late nite TV info- mercial and a nice "feel good story" involving God. People need to focus their efforts ( and hope ) on credible, proven solutions to hair loss.. There are hundreds of snake oils out there which do nothing more than waste peoples money and faith.. Don't listen to me.. Speak with any reputable doctor or check out any national website for hairloss..I'm eager to see anyone debate this who is educated and does not have a vested interest in the product."Ain't gonna happen".

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I posted in the wrong area before, but:

The proof is in the pudding as my grandmother use to say. I used it; I am the crying lady in the commercial, and here are pictures that show my progress. (By the way look at the dates on the actual pictures)

[promotional website removed by forum moderator - Robert]

God is GOOD!

Sherida Devine

Wow

These look professional like professional shot photo's.. Oh, that's right, you were in a commercial, or info-mercial

As my grandmother used to say

"Hog-wash"

I guess your company is going to win the Pulitzer prize with these results.Looks like to me you had too many hair extentions and it grew back naturally

P.S. Nice touch to add the website at the end. You are probably going to earn your bonus with that free advertisment

Merry Christmas

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Sherida:

I posted in the wrong area before, but:

The proof is in the pudding as my grandmother use to say. I used it; I am the crying lady in the commercial, and here are pictures that show my progress. (By the way look at the dates on the actual pictures)

[promotional website removed by forum moderator - Robert]

God is GOOD!

Sherida Devine

Sherida, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and allowed you to participate on the forums even after your first post was highly suspicious. I even gave you detailed instructions on how to post a photo album so that you could abide by forum rules to share your story.

However, you refused to acknowledge the rules of the forums that you agreed to so I am suspending your account.

-Robert

Well Done Robert

Not a word she said was legit including that great name "Sherida Devine". What a joke. What was even worse is she had the nerve to include "God" in her argument..Not to mention during the holiday time..No worries, I'm a true believer in Kharma..

Thanks and buyers beware of the "Devine" products out there

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would like to know, as mentioned earlier, if Rogaine was ever used. If Minox is the active ingerdient in Scalp Med then, why would this one work all of a sudden.

We all wish these claims in the infomercial were true, but how many of these products have come and gone? There's always a new one to fill it's place. If there was a cure for baldness, it would be on the front page of every news paper and news broadcast, not on some late night infomercial.

Two other things that I noticed about the infomercial:

1. It says in small print underneath the pics "Results not typical" I guess that gives the company a way out, legally.

2. Has anyone else noticed the difference in hair color on some of the pics? I think they were using a concealer of some sort.

Hi

No sense in analyzing. Bottom line is it's a marketing ploy like all of the other products. No rational answer because it does not work. The fact it's on late night TV is enough for me..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

jb,

i share your scepticism. There is the off chance that scalp med has somehow created a better rogaine by maybe making it more penetrating to reach the follicle better. Both products are minoxidil based and therefore they should both have a certain effectivness. This is what i have been trying to find out. Even if it works as good as rogaine it is still an incredible rip off as it is $180 and rogaine is $20. Thats a nice profit margin i think i should start my own infomercial and have Sherida star in it, i am sure she would sell her soul for a few hundred or a few free plugs. I was hoping to recieve a response from "Sherida Devine." (With a name like Devine she must be honest). It seems as if she is not responding directly but instead it appears scalp med is posting on her behalf and probably have permission to do so by contractual agreement. I thought Sherida may want to answer my questions and save herself from the fiery depths of hell. "god is good, scalp med isn't."

Sherida,

Your last comment in your previous reponse was " i just hope you do more research before knocking what could be your blessing." So whats up girl i am trying to do my research by asking you a couple of simple questions and you wont answer them. Your response is to quote your grandmother by saying that the proof is in the pudding and to say that "god is good".?????

Sherida,

Your last comment in your previous response was " i just hope you do more research before knocking what could be your blessing." So what's up girl? i am trying to do my research by asking you a couple of simple questions and you wont answer them. Instead you respond by quoting your grandmother by saying that the proof is in the pudding and "god is good." Do you really expect anyone on this board to take you seriously with such nonsense and complete avoidance of the questions asked. If you were legitimate and concerned with the well being of others as you were suggesting, you would have certainly answered my questions. You have exposed yourself and scalp med as a fraud selling a minoxidil based rogaine copycat product that is available at costco for $20 under the name rogaine. You are helping scalp med to defraud people of their money. Girl u and your curly locks are gonna burn in hell.

Hey Dryer

I don't give people like that the time of day.. To this day, there still isn't anything better than Propecia and Rogaine ( especially on a damn info mercial).. I wouldn't touch the Avodart yet myself. Sherida won't need her hair where she's going.. It will be bured off anyway

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Great thread

I think what we learned is instead of buying the product, we should buy Scalp med stock..Can't wait for the next "baldness cure" on late night TV

Happy Holidays everyone

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!