Toppik for the hairline?

Hello all...I have been taking Propecia for over 8 years now, therefore the crown area of my head has little to no hairloss. As you all should know, Propecia does not target the front hairline. I have had a slight thinning and recession of my hairline. Does Toppik work to make the hairline look fuller?

Here's the catch 22: The more hair you have for the Toppik to adhere to, the more full your hairline will look.

So, yes it can help, although contrary to its marketing I found more resting on my scalp than actually adhering to my hair, and that led to an unatural look, so I stopped using it.

However, I had a very thin hairline, too thin it seems, and even though I recently got an HT, I didn't realize how bald I was until I started taking pictures and looking at them. I wasn't seeing reality in the mirror somehow.

So, I advise getting their small travel container. That is the cheapest way to see if its for you.

mark h

I would strongly suggest using the Toppik Spray Maximizer as an applicator. This will allow the Toppik to be distributed more evenly and stick to the hair, not the scalp, which will provide you with optimal results.

I am the patient coordinator for Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Alexander's Coalition Membership Profile

Wow!! I received a tiny bottle of dark brown Toppik that I bought on eBay. It worked pretty darn good to give me a more fuller looking hairline. I will try this Toppik Spray Maximizer as an applicator to see how much better it would look, but the Toppik alone sure did a wonderful job!

I bought that maximizer and tried to use it on my crown area, didn't work so good. It shoots a burst of toppik but it didn't spread it out too well. Maybe I sprayed it too close but just left a big ol patch of toppik on my head. Tried to spray it from farther away but still didn't spread out the toppik very well. Dunno, maybe you need to shoot it on from the next room to spread it finely and evenly. I just like a fine amount so I use a regular sized bottle, put scotch tape over the holes and puncture the holes with a paperclip. It makes it so it comes out evenly but not a bunch at a time, only a small amount. That works the best for me icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 years later...

My advice, switch to Nanogen as its much much better than toppik, better color, itching free because they do not use Sheep wool and smaller fibres which blends better. But use it with toppik spray maximizer. What i do, i fill nanogen in a regular empty toppik bottle to be able to use the spray maximizer. that my secret ;-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri, oh wow, does this actually work? I hate the nanogen new container and prefers the 12.5g one. They said the main difference is not the fibres but the containers. Do u think that once the fibres are out of the bottle, they might lose some of their characteristics and not being useable anymore?

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

No never. just make sure to tap the fibres of nanogen container slowly and carefully into the regular empty bottle of toppik, then fit the spray applicator on it and HERE U GO. Ready for the battle. but bare in mind when you use the toppik spray applicator or maximizer whatever they call it, make sure the bottle is always full or more than half atleast. otherwise if the content is less than half then the spray applicator will spray air instead which will push away the fibers in the scalp instead.

Nanogen is way much better than Toppik. No questions. Its just that isnt well known as Toppik because its British.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]