round 2 with doctor rahal!- the touch up procedure

azza786

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on truckin'! Will only get increasingly tolerable -- and exciting -- in the coming days...!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Azza,

I usually don't mind the wait nearly as much as I mind feeling like I look a lot worse than I did before surgery. There's always the twinge of fear even though you've been through it before and expect things to improve.

Hang in there. Three months is when the journey really begins, though growth sometimes is delayed for another couple months depending on the patient.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks guys,

Bill- i agree. 3 months is where it all begins hence why its important to give a good platform upto the 3 mth mark so that what is to come is good.

i have currently got stubbles in many places, its just a matter of time before they become noticible. its a tough slog but has to be done.

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

right well im updating at the 4 month mark, i got another 4 days to go for it to be officially 4 months but i realise that nothing dramatic will happen so it doesnt matter if i update now.

stubbles have broken surface so heres hope to more growth. other than that still very see through so mission not accomplised just yet.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

so at 5 months post op, i can say that visually i have noticed very little change. it is still very see-through and scalp is highly visible in almost all situations.

by touching various areas of the recepient area, i can feel stubbles emerging which i guess is some positive signs (atleast something is emerging so to say). i got a haircut 3 days back to even things out so it could make a bit of a difference in these pics.

so heres hoping till 6 months post op....

for those who are interested and asked, i am attaching some pics with concelaers on as well. i am using toppik.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Azza,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. I know the wait is hard, but 5 months is still incredibly early in the process.

Remember that the changes are often gradual from month to month, but I do expect that you'll see a nice difference in several months from now.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Bill

azza,

i'm sorry to hear that your HT journey has been sooooo rough for you and at this time all i wanna tell you is to hang in there and don't give up the fight. you still have ~7 more months till your final evaluation. i do feel somehow compelled, as this is your second surgery on top of your previously failed one, to say this and i'm not trying to paint the black picture for you when I say that you might be one of those few unlucky guys that no matter how many additional graft you decide to add, your head will just keep on rejecting them. doctors call it physiology issue or an X factor. i know that this might sound harsh to you (or anyone that is reading this) at this point and time, but it just needs to be pointed out as it is nothing more than the reality of HT world and these things seem to happen more often than we might think they do. so once again Azza i wish you all the best to you in upcoming months and i and all of us here are very thankful to you for keeping us updated with your progress.

GQ

Azza, this will undoubtedly improve you. You are still very early, but the next several months should help paint a realistic picture for you while giving you a boom of growth.

GQ makes an interesting point. And it's something I personally am not totally decided on. A very small % of people may very well be "programmed" for poor growth; whether this impacts *subsequent* procedures, as well, I'm not sure. Some respected people have said it does, but others I have spoken to say that's not the case.

Personally, I think HTs are such a complexly delicate op that any given instance of "poor yield" can be chalked up to one of many things that just went awry on a given day as opposed to some indelible, mysterious patient physiology issue.

Also, your initial yield doesn't strike me as one of those who simply got extraordinarily sub-standard yield across the board, like I've seen from those who have been labeled "bad physiology". Keep up the updates, I'm hopeful for you and look forward to seeing this grown-out. The combination of the fresh grafts to your hairline and maybe utilizing concealer elsewhere and I really think you could easily get a consistently full, dense, look!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi,

I wish you the best of luck with your second procedure, as you are very young - I believe it is very important for you to be on both Rogaine and Propecia...is that the case.

You don't have "bad physiology" IMO, it is just you are losing hair at about the same rate of gaining hair, thus the change you are seeing is less than those who have stabilized.

You look great with the concealer on by the way.

Best to you.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

thanks for the words guys,

highly appreicated.

i understand 5 months is still quite early in the game...just guess i have to ride it out.

as for physiology, i personally think my physiology is good...for instance, i can say that my natural speed of hair growth is quite fast, it has been since i was young to this day.

i also noticed that when i took msm, it actually made my native grow a bit more quicker.

lets just see what happens in the coming weeks and months.

thanks all

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

hang on buddy. You are still very early on. It is hard, I know, but feeling more stubble is a good thing and there is more to come. This is a long process as you clearly already know, and are keeping a great attitude which is good.

Look forward to your next update!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 4 weeks later...

so at the 6 month post op..i can see a litttle bit of change...in most situations...it is still very sparse and i wouldnt say that i can definately ditch the concealers just yet...i cant....i am very optimistic and just hoping that things start to shape up for the better now.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

its been 7 months now post op and i can say that without a doubt there has been some change from the previous month.

though some parts still remain slightly opaque, i would say other than that things are good. i still am using concealers such as toppik quite a bit and hoping to reduct the amount needed come 9-10 months post op.

i have attached pictures for you to have a look.

thx!

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

azza786-- hey man, a couple things... id like to say thank you for taking the time to document your case with such detail... ALOT of guys do so in favorable lighting and avoid the dreaded overhead shot... you however take honest pics IMO, and guys like you do good for this community..

personally i did not like your 1 year results from your 1st HT, but that said this time around your hair is finally looking much better, and im sure your happy as hell about it...its been a long few years i bet, so its good to see your hairline and front filling in..

i did notice in your last set you avoided the overhead shot, any chance we could get one in yout next update??

also, id like to ask what your overall thoughts are about where you stand today.... has your HT experience been what you expected?

thanks azza, and all the best

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

azza, definite improvement. as you may recall the next few months will be big interms of growth and hair maturity. good growing and thanks for the update.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks guys...overall so far i am happy that there has been a pay off after soo long...about time as well...and ye there is much more to come which is more exciting.

LMS- as you have rightly said so i try to be honst with myself and take pictures in normal light, the type i would typically be in mostly...all my pics from my HT1 till now have all been taken under the same light so nothing has changed.

if i havent included the overhead shot then that was not intentional...thanks for letting me know...i shall put an overhead one in my next update for sure.

thanks for your input!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

You are definitely starting to see some of the density you have been striving for!! It will only continue to improve from here, which like you said, is exciting.

I have enjoyed following your journey and really happy for you and the positive outcome which is finally arriving!!!

Looking really good!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 5 weeks later...

8 mths post...

at this stage, i can say i have noticed minimal change since last month..on the plus side, there has been a bit of increase in density and also i can still feel alot of stubbles emerging from the scalp.

on the negative side, some areas still remina see through and so therefore i am relying on concealers to get me by.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Hey Azza!

I'm really glad you are still getting a lot of stubbles at the 8th month mark. That is good news! I hope they sprout really well for you!! I think all the hair that was going to grow for me grew in by the 6th-7th month.

I'm sorry you still have see through areas. I personally understand your frustration with that. I'm considering doing something to fix my own gaps. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Good growing for you!

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I am not seeing a great difference between the 1st and second HT just yet. I really hope things start kicking in over the next couple of months.I am trying to be as honest as I can. There is some improvement, but I thought at this stage it would be better.

• 5 weeks later...

so i am a day shy of 9 months post. there still tends to be gradual improvement...i dont know how much more growth is to come but i just hope for good maturation....damnnnn this wait really has done my head in lol...and i know there is more at stake...

on the negative side, my left lateral is thinning hence why i am getting the left parting look which i cant help..o well...you win some and loose some...

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

spex im sure if there was an award for the most patient under 25 on this forum...i would win it without a doubt.

its all i can do..wait and watch and observe...still got another 3 months to go till full evaluation will take place!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Azza,

It looks like you're taking your pictures under some harsh lighting. Nonetheless, it's standing up nicely.

Considering where you were prior to surgery, your hair has dramatically improved and looks nice and natural. You still have a few more months of thickening to come.

Best wishes,

Bill