round 2 with doctor rahal!- the touch up procedure

azza786

Hi Azza, good luck fot HT#2. I'm a NW2/3 after my first HT with the old team of Dr. Seager in germany (1463 grafts into the corners of my receding hairline). I'll have my second procedure with Rahal in november (1700-2000 grafts). Would be nice to meet you in ottawa!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey azza,

Can't beat 1500 grafts for free. I can see why you'd be dissapointed, but I think this case represents the reality of going for that kind coverage with a relatively smaller amount of grafts. 7000 grafts seems to be around the magic number if you are attacking most of the scalp; anything under that and I think people should be prepared for a moderate amount of see-through. It's obvious that the hairline needed more attention though.

On the positive, you now have enough hair that with a denser hairline (right in the front and middle) you can probably pull of a good look if concealer is used on the rest (or maybe just the right styling). I think you mentioned before that you do indeed use it. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to a shot of your hair in its current state with concealer in.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

youngsuccess- - ur reading my mind bro- right on track!

ofcourse with a concealer on, the change is night and day- - only if i can really have that sort of look without it-- i wish lol

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 months later...

Good luck. Thanks for being honest for your pictures and your results. I am sure your will be happy.

Adrian; I have heard nothing but good things about both Dr. Rahal results and his service. Looking at the pictures it appears in my opinion that not all the grafts grew on his hairline especailly on the right side. I understand his is not the easy case but at the end is there any concern that this may happen in the second procedure and why it happens on the first. Please don't take this the wrong way.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

well well well,

the deed is done. i now have an extra 1623 grafts in my zone 1 and zone 2. as i had mentioned earlier, the target was to boost the frontal section which we managed to do. as of now, i am in moderate pain in the donor area and little tingling in recepient but all is well so far. the op it self didnt take too long, around 3 hours for graft planting.

i shall be adding new pictures to my blog so watch out for this space.

my total graft count now is 5231.

az

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

hopefully when i get back from the clinic tomorrow, i will have a DVD with pictures since the op.

just some feedback about the procedure by mouth and i can say its goin smooth and steady, recepient is healing up well, not much scabbing, just tiny scabs around some grafts, scar is healing nicely so its goin gd.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

i have finally got some images to deliver the message of my HT so far.

They are located on my blog which i will be regularly updating.

its too early to say anything so i will keep a low profile for the time being and hope to emerge victorious in months to come.

thanks

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

I trust this will get you to the "illusion" of density required to pull off a cool look and square you away for the time being! Look forward to seeing the outcome; you deserve a great one.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

fingers crossed thana...i certainly do deserve a good result now that i made the extra effort in going back to improve the situation. also check your PM, i sent you a message.

thanks

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Azza:

your pre HT2 pics are actually not that bad. As for the post HT2 pics, they look really good.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

hi there fellow rahal patient. ye so far so good. havent got much to write about as im 10 days post OP so not much apart from some scabs ready to come off.

how is your progress..you are at 9 months post op..you should have had a significant change by now right?

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

hey guys,

thought i'd do a quick update. healing has been on par so far. the only factor however that is still there is the scabs which are beginnings to peel off now at 12 days post op.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

azza-

I had scabs a little past the three week mark. not all over, but some were still present. No worries though as those scabs will fall as you know and then the shed will begin.

Oh and wantego had his procedure July. We in North America aren't smart enough to write the date in the proper order of day/month/year--we put the month first.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Eman:

azza-

Oh and wantego had his procedure July. We in North America aren't smart enough to write the date in the proper order of day/month/year--we put the month first.

lol...i see..i understood that when i saw wantegos thread. thanks EMAN. hope things are going well.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

guys,

i have updated my blog. at 14 days post OP, i can say the progress that i have had is that there is less scabbing now..i have been smoothly been rubbing away those ones that are ready to come off after the headwash...no pressure applied i have also got my sutures removed now which is a relief...scar looks good...as im flying back to the UK tomorrow, i will be updating on a monthly basis as of next month.

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

looking right where you should be azza!!

I am sure that you are looking forward to heading home. Make sure you bring a couple of large empty water bottles that you can fill up once you go through security at the airport. You want to stay as hydrated as possibbe.

Safe travels!!!!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...