protein powder, weights, pony tail, zoloft,

Can drinking protein powder/protein supplements increase hair loss?

can lifting heavy weights increase hair loss?

would their contribution be significant?

can you get a blood test to check your dht5 or whatever that hormone is that causes hair loss? are their blood tests that will provide insight into the causes of your hair loss?

I have i think a norwood 2 or 3, i want to fill in the gaps on the sides a little and dream of growing my hair long from the front and having a pony tail. will a pony tail make your hair fall out? will having long hair make your hair fall out?

Last but not least, i suffered an injury just over a year ago, for which i sustained very slight nerve damage and am required to take zoloft or a zoloft type supplement/anti depressent medication, to regulate my nervous system.

I take a very very very small amount of this drug, less than the smallest dosage available. I may stop taking it very soon.

does anyone know if zoloft can cause hair losss?

does anyone know if you can have a hair transplant while on such a drug?

Does anyone know if you can take anti hair loss drugs and a zoloft supplement at the same time?

Of course i will ask my doctors etc - but i thought some of you might know something - any opinions?

Thank you everyone.

Can drinking protein powder/protein supplements increase hair loss?

can lifting heavy weights increase hair loss?

would their contribution be significant?

can you get a blood test to check your dht5 or whatever that hormone is that causes hair loss? are their blood tests that will provide insight into the causes of your hair loss?

I have i think a norwood 2 or 3, i want to fill in the gaps on the sides a little and dream of growing my hair long from the front and having a pony tail. will a pony tail make your hair fall out? will having long hair make your hair fall out?

Last but not least, i suffered an injury just over a year ago, for which i sustained very slight nerve damage and am required to take zoloft or a zoloft type supplement/anti depressent medication, to regulate my nervous system.

I take a very very very small amount of this drug, less than the smallest dosage available. I may stop taking it very soon.

does anyone know if zoloft can cause hair losss?

does anyone know if you can have a hair transplant while on such a drug?

Does anyone know if you can take anti hair loss drugs and a zoloft supplement at the same time?

Of course i will ask my doctors etc - but i thought some of you might know something - any opinions?

Thank you everyone.

Hi

I would bet my bottom dollar it's just plainole Male pattern baldness. I went through it brother & I looked for every reason of how it could be something else- everyone goes through it.. I'm no doc but , trust me been there done that ..

none of the items you listed causes baldness

See a doc to confirm it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

GFS,

GENETICS makes your hair fall out. I've studied pharmacology and human physiology extensively for the last 6 years and Yes, certain prescription medications (ie chemotherapy, radiation, etc) can cause Temporary hair loss....but when the medication is stopped, the hair grows back. If long hair caused hair loss, we'd have a ton of bald women running around. Lifting weight Can't cause your hair to fall out, but shooting up anabolic steroids while lifting weights Can (Rx Medication). In the end, its all about what your genes tells your cells to do with the Dihydrotestosterone that your body started producing at the onset of puberty and hasn't used for much of anything since, except to make your hair fall out and have an enlarged prostate. My best advice to you is....get on finasteride, or dutasteride, this will slow your hair loss considerably, and find a good HT surgeon. Oh, stress can also cause alopecia, so Stop worrying yourself to death. Making a plan of attack is a good start. Goodluck

Originally posted by notgoing2gobald:

gfs: you fucking crack me up!!! when I first noticed my mpb (actually someone pointed it out to me) I totally questioned everything I did too as if I was somehow responsible for it.

does anyone know if buzzing your hair can cause hair loss?

does anyone know if gel can cause hair loss?

does anyone know if jerking off can cause hairloss?

does anyone know if having a penis can cause hairloss?

does anyone know if having balls can cause hairloss?

does anyone know if having balls AND a penis can cause hairloss?

I often dream about having sex with Jessica Alba...Does anyone know if having sex with Jessica Alba can cause hairloss?

***NOTHING your doing or have done is causing hairloss AND a NW2 isn't bad at all. Did you just notice your hairloss and are kind of freaking out about it? Its not going to all fall out overnight. I REALLY stressed out when I first noticed mine too and seriously questioned everything I did as if I was somehow responsible for it. The weights are good. Puts more attention on your body instead of your head. It helps me out anyway. Sounds like your hair loss isnt that bad yet, so take it easy.

i dont know if im a 2 or a 3.

i will send some pics in so you experts can judge me icon_smile.gif

what do you people call the front of the hair line - where the temples have receeded? do you call that cow licks?

and the middle part, is that called a peak?

in any event my hair line has gone past my comfort zone.

Im also thinking into the future, its probalby better to get some surgery now - so in the future, i can just get top ups rather than drastic massive transplants.

does anyone know, if you can avoid shock losss, by leaving a small gap between your existing hair and the transplanted hair?

gfs: from my understanding shockloss is only going to occur when your native hairs have been transected, so if your really paranoid about it then yes you could avoid it altogether by simply not having the doc transplant within your native hairs. This is something Im paranoid about as well, as I dont want to lose my existing hair. But, some of the top coalition docs claim that permanent shockloss will only occur on hairs that are cosmetically insignificant (i.e. hairs that are in the latter stages of the miniturization process and would have fallen out within 6 months to a year regardless). Furthermore, this is why some docs want to shave your hair down, so in the event of transplanting hairs within native hairs they can more accuratelly view the angle of grwoth of the native hairs and thereby greatly minimize the chances of shockloss occuring.

How old are you? I dont recall reading your age in any of your posts.

Headnames: I dont think anyone calls the front part of your hairline a "cow lick" just simply the hairline.

temples: the triangular points behind your eyebrows.

hairline: hairline.

crown=crown.

*I think most docs and patients, from what Ive read, divide the head into thirds. The crown being the back third, the middle being one third, and the front being a third. I would assume that everyones head shape is different, so not every ones' head is going to be perfectly symetrical (i.e. one person might have a really large crown and could make up more than a third of his head). But, regarldess this is how I have heard it being chopped up.

hows sydney? I heard the girls are really friendly.