Dr. Bernstien-Final surgery...

ccexxp1

hi All, to recap, I've been around the board for slightly over 2 years, and the members helped me to choose Dr. Bernstein (Dr. "B"). I had a transplant in 1991 with a hair mill, and in 2007 it left me with nothing but unsightly plugs. After seeing 5 coalition recommended surgeons (not making that mistake again) I selected Dr. B. To fast forward (and each time I wrote a review here), I've have 6 graft excisions and yesterday a final hair transplant. 2350 grafts netted 4959 hairs, and wow, it looks terrific. I'm computer lacking, so Dr. B has photos he will share for me when I've grown. I couldn't be happier, his team is great, and always, he is a master world class surgeon. Had some minor discomfort (mainly cause I'm not used to sitting upright-as well as all of those pleasant staples!!)) but I can see no old plugs, and I see where the new hair is blending into the already repaired areas...it's like magic. If anyone has any questions, or would like to see and touch personally, please PM me, I'm only happy to share. This is amazing, I only wish I had this resource in 1991, there is really no excuse in 2009 in getting ripped off, not with all of our good inputs. I know the hard part begins now, but, I'm so happy I'm jumping from cloud to cloud!! It was a long and hard road with the graft excisions, but now with the transplanted hair...wow!! sufice to say, I could not be happier.

I had 6 sessions of the graft excisions. The first removed about 100 plugs, then 80, then 60, then about 45, then 20 and 20. They broke up those plugs and reinstated them as well on each of those dates. Yesterday's job, unlike a fresh head, filled in the blanks, and it looks great. I just adore this Dr., he is in my opinion, superior in all respects. I will keep you posted. Craig

Dr. B is a true pioneer and an artist....He used to practice with Dr. Rassman some years back, both surgeons, IMHO, are masters...They have helped repair more guys than most of the other coalition Dr.'s combined! They are both very rarely mentioned onthis site, which is a shame, but I'm glad to hear when someone posts a genuine expirience, like yours, with a happy ending...Good for you! And happy growing...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Thanks Bill (and everyone)...I will get some pics. as soon as I can, I know how much more they enhance a story. In fact, once I left the clinic really numb, last thing on my mind was pics (although they took em!) I will ask for them during the staple removal, and we can get some up and running. More importantly, though, I am happy to let people ask me PM questions and touch and see if they wish. Dr. B. is a world class surgeon, he has my vote, and I made such a RIGHT CHOICE. I'm not minimizing other Dr's capabilities, I'm just so happy with mine. After all, 6 repair session and one finale is a big job, and each step had zero complications. Possibly I had no over-expectations, but, I am so so grateful for everyone here who ultimately led me to Dr. B, what a life changing and fabulous experience. I now know how other people feel once they have that final procedure, or the end of the surgical line. wow. I know that the hard part starts now, and I will accept whatever drama (shockloss, slow growth, etc) that comes, but so far from the prior 6 surgeries, none of the above. I HAVE NO MORE PLUGS!!!! As you can see, I could not be happier, BIG boost of self esteem. So guys, moral of story, and I've been there, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and there are some great Doc's out there for us, lucky us! I'll keep you posted, since you've people are the only ones that I really share this with! Craig. Thanks for such great information, too...I hope I can repay the favor.

oh, and ps (I guess its still the pain meds!)anyone who wants my step by step in depth story can simply search my name since 07, and they will get play by play...of course, my offer still stands to have private conversation, sometimes that can ease anyone's mind (i know it helped me way back!) I am so happy...