HT Doctor in San Diego for FEMALES

Hi there,

I just joined this forum tonight and this is my first post. I haven't seen too many female members here but I hope to get some feedback on my question.

I'm 34 and have noticed some thinning in the front area (bangs) as well as the upper corners of my forehead. I'm very interested in HP but have no idea who to see here in San Diego. I considered Dr. Reed, but in his before/after album, he only had one photo of a woman... So he probably doesn't treat women as often as say Dr. Epstein. Honestly, my I don't consider my thinning very severe. I'd just like the "triangle" on both sides patched up, and add a little more bangs. I'm willing to drive to LA for a good doctor.

Also, what is the cost of HT?

Please, I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks so much,

Jasmine

Hi there,

I just joined this forum tonight and this is my first post. I haven't seen too many female members here but I hope to get some feedback on my question.

I'm 34 and have noticed some thinning in the front area (bangs) as well as the upper corners of my forehead. I'm very interested in HP but have no idea who to see here in San Diego. I considered Dr. Reed, but in his before/after album, he only had one photo of a woman... So he probably doesn't treat women as often as say Dr. Epstein. Honestly, my I don't consider my thinning very severe. I'd just like the "triangle" on both sides patched up, and add a little more bangs. I'm willing to drive to LA for a good doctor.

Thanks so much,

Jasmine

Jasmine, I know that a transplant is done basically the same way for woman as it is for a man, but at this point as a newbie I can only encourage you to get educated and familiar with the different doctors and the individual approaches they take to hair transplantation needs. Read about "dense packing" an area to give you the absolute fullness you want from your transplant, and there's really so much to learn before you would ewven want to approach a doctor. Good luck!!

Honestly Jasmine, if your thinning is not severe as you say, I would forget all about getting a HT. I don't think it's worth the risk of shockloss, though with a top doc it would be minimized. Do lots of research and don't let travel be a factor in this type of surgery.(Canada, New York, Etc.)

Jasmine,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

Though there are many more men than women on this forum, we do have a number of female members who post occasionally.

But as balding men and women, we stand united to help encourage and educate one another, so I hope you won't let the overdose of testosterone scare you away icon_wink.gif.

Since you mentioned two physicians (Dr. Reed and Dr. Epstein), both are excellent hair restoration physicians. Be sure to ask these and other physicians you are considering what the approximate percentage of female patients they see and if there are any additional risks for women than for men.

I do know that the risk of shock loss seems to be higher in women however, as Dr. Rassman of California has said in a previous post, in almost all female cases he has seen, the shocked hair from the telogen effluvium stage returns. This is encouraging news.

We have a number of quality hair restoration physicians who are members of the Coalition in California and elsewhere. In addition to Dr. Reed, I'd encourage you to consult with Dr. Rassman, Dr. Siporin, Dr. Gabel of Oregon, and Hasson and Wong of Vancouver.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Jasmine,

Glad to hear from another female. I don't post too often mostly I read and read and read. I have thinning too, mostly in front but also kind of all over. I have been considering an HT but am still doing my research. It seems that even though an HT is the same for a man or woman the reasons why we lose are hair can be really different. Only advice so far - make sure you get more than one opinion before you decide on surgery. I'm getting the nerve up now to go for consultations with some docs.

I'll keep you up to date.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jasmine and welcome to the HTN. I know it can be really scary when deciding to do HT.

I would suggest do a lot of research on female hair transplant. Shockloss is common especially in women. Consider surgeons who does dense packing especially on the areas you've mention ("triangle Patch up).I have worked with Dr. Reed in La Jolla and Dr. Siporin in Beverly Hills and they are both excellent quality surgeons. And There are other excellent surgeons and members of the Coaliton to consult with. In addition don't let the distance or price when it comes to decide. It is choosing the right surgeon shoul be priority. Goodluck!

Originally posted by Jasmine:

Hi there,

Thanks so much,

Jasmine

Since it seems like the work needed is rather minor, what about looking into FUE?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!