Cost of FUT in the UK please

Hi all

Finally I have decided to undergo a HT surgery using FUT. I have searched this forum and the Internet and found many clinics in the UK. Now, I am more concerned about the cost of the surgery as my budget is quite limited. Can you all please give me some figures and numbers for the cost of such surgery in some good clinks in the UK.

Also do surgeons usually quote the price as per graft or as a whole operation.

Thanks

Hi Batel, you would really need to contact these clinics direct for a consultation regarding the price, but google them first to read some reviews as there are alot of horror stories out there.I would spend some time on this site reading and learning before making any kind of commitment

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you Garageland for the reply. In fact, I am asking to know the average price/graft in the UK. As I am thinking whether to have my HT in the UK or outside. In fact, I can not travel to the states, so my options are limited to Europe. Any other members can you please share your opinions and experiences in Europe and Turkey.

Thanks

Hi Batel2006,

I am from the UK and had my FUT at Transmed in Turkey in May 2009.

Just gone past 8 months and so far satisfied but waiting the full 12 months for the final result. Also, the scar is a thin pencil one they describe. Be careful with the non-recommended clinics, who might appeal financially but can leave hideous wide scars and poor growth and naff hairlines.

Like you, I had limited budget. Transmed were the most cost effective of the recommended on this forum - charging 1.8 euro per graft.

There are some who charge around the same in the UK as Transmed but lots of negative stuff is on the net about them.

Farjo are probably the best in the UK but prices are more than Transmed.

Easy jet charge around ??80 pound and hotels in Istanbul start around ??30.

My view I will pay ??150 travelling expenses and go to Istanbul- and save a few thousand on the recommended UK and Europe clinics.

Search under MOP for a detailed write-up of my experience.