Finasteride. How to use it daily?

Rachmunas4life

Originally posted by headinahole:

5 mg pills should be cut into 1/4's and taken daily. [...]

Yep, that's it. It will save you a small fortune. And don't forget to store your pills in a cool, dry place (NOT in the bathroom, because of the humidity!).

I found this, you can split Proscar tablets into fiths, like the picture shows, this would be 1mg pieces. I am looking for a place to purchase this product. If anyone knows of a reputable and quality source at a reasonable price, please let me know. Private message is fine icon_wink.gif

SplitProscar.jpg.15e8a718397995cdead284c98f534329.jpg

Originally posted by Flavio:
Originally posted by headinahole:

5 mg pills should be cut into 1/4's and taken daily. [...]

Yep, that's it. It will save you a small fortune. And don't forget to store your pills in a cool, dry place (NOT in the bathroom, because of the humidity!).

My finasteride has been in my warm closet for over a year. Is it still ok to use? I don't think there is anywhere cool in my place. I'm in South Florida. Maybe the fridge...

Originally posted by Desperately Seeking Hair:

You can take finasteride any time on a full or empty stomach. Just don't take it with alcohol icon_smile.gif

I was told by pharmacist to take Finasteride in the evening prior to bed as it MAY make you dizzy, But this was assuming I was taking the entire 5mg tablet. However what ever you do, take it at about the same time of day.

What is the reason for not taking it with alcohol?

I was thinking of making a tincture with the Proscar pills made with Vodka. This way I could easily take dosages less than 1mg daily. I know that Finasteride is metabolized in the liver as is alcohol, so maybe to much for the liver to handle? However, since the liver is a filter for most everything we consume, I cannot see what the concern would be, unless you took the tincture on an empty stomach, then this may be a bit much.

Why is it bad to mix medication and alcohol?

I'm sure many people know that medication and alcohol don't go together, but not too many know why that is. Often times, we hear stories about a person overdosing on drugs or medications. Usually, the person took normal dosages of the drug, but the alcohol prevents the liver from breaking down the drug. Because the alcohol distracts the liver from breaking down the drug, the drug keeps its high potency, which eventually lead to overdose. Drug companies often know that your liver breaks down the drug before it reaches your body, so they make it with high potencies. However, your liver gives alcohol metabolism higher priority over everything else because it's toxic. Therefore, the drugs will have a high concentration than usual, which ultimately results in an overdose.

So maybe the alcohol tincture is a bad idea, however it is a small amount of alcohol (1ml) per dosage.

And NO, I am not looking for an excuse to drink icon_wink.gif Although when I look into the mirror at my hair, I may want to!