losing it quick

i seem to be losing more & more hair every day. i take propecia, nizoral & rogaine but its still going. i wear a hat every day & wonder if that has anthing to do with it. i also use concealers (toppik, couvre). could that be it?? help please!!

i seem to be losing more & more hair every day. i take propecia, nizoral & rogaine but its still going. i wear a hat every day & wonder if that has anthing to do with it. i also use concealers (toppik, couvre). could that be it?? help please!!

What your doing is right on the mark. There is not much more you can do in terms of meds. Maybe look into Dutasteride - but the side effects are not yet know.

Your hat or toppic have nothing to do with your hairloss. I would suggest that you see a Doctor - there may be other factors: diet etc.

I can't comment of a HT - because I have no idea what Norwood Scale you are at. But it would not hurt to see one of the recommended Doctors on this forum. I would suggest Dr. Burnstein. He is know for a very conservative approach to hairloss and is more likely yo tell you to lose weight and get in shape if you don't need one.

But slow down and realize that you are doing everything you should do.

If you just started to take these meds, it will take 12 months before you see any results. Also realize that what you are taking are PREVENTIVE drugs and will not grow hair, maybe in the crown. Stay on track and keep at what you are doing.

Hat has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. The meds work for some people and not for others. Sometimes, hairloss is accelerated at first, but then stabilizes and reverses.

I've had great experiences with Propecia. Trying to stick with minoxidil, but it is a little harder to be disciplined with it.

Best of luck. It isn't the cap. I'm sorry to report that the meds simply don't work for everyone.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.