scar swelling

Just curious, Was wondering if any of you guys that have had a hair transplant have a lot of swelling at the donar scar the day of and next few days after surgery? Mine was swelled up like a half inch off of my head at the scar area. It felt really tight like it was gonna bust.It has gone down now, because its been 11 days, but still fills tight as I have not removed my stitches yet.I was wondering if this is common?

Just curious, Was wondering if any of you guys that have had a hair transplant have a lot of swelling at the donar scar the day of and next few days after surgery? Mine was swelled up like a half inch off of my head at the scar area. It felt really tight like it was gonna bust.It has gone down now, because its been 11 days, but still fills tight as I have not removed my stitches yet.I was wondering if this is common?

yes this is common, however I would encourage you to contact your doc and just make sure your particular situation is ok, as I dont want to down play it if its something more serious. I expirienced tightness for about 2-3 months, like if i moved my eye brows I could feel it all over.

Lon,

Personally, I had very little swelling and tightness. I rubbed on Neosporin several times every day which certainly helped.

At nearly two weeks after your surgery, I would suggest you see the doctor based on your description of the problems you're having. Just one man's opinion and it's always better safe then sorry.

Regards,

Mike

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by Prospicience:

I rubbed on Neosporin several times every day which certainly helped.

When I ran out of my Iamin Gel, I was told to use Polysporin instead of Neosporin because Neosporin contains Neomycin sulfate, which can cause side effects with certain people. See the following link for more info:

http://www.epinions.com/content_127274094212