dried out scalp HELP

Hi SETT,

Try Nizoral Shampoo, either 1 or 2% will do.

I had the same thing and when i started using it 2 weeks ago most of the itchiness went away and there is signs of less flaking. So it might take a while before your scalp recovers.

SETT,

Jojojo1 gave you a good suggestion.

Try an anti-dandruff shampoo. If you don't want to use something as strong as Nizoral, you could try Head and Shoulders.

What do you think is causing the dryness, itchiness to your scalp? Over use of hair care products such as gel, hairspray, or even coloring your hair can cause this. You might want to minimize/eliminate the use of these products to see if this helps.

Bill

thanks jo and Bill for the advice

Bill

i use nizoral twice a week plus use about 4 shampoos i change daily (dont know if this will have an affect) but i use anti dandruff shampoos alot and i dont use gel or any hair products but my scalp is real flacking. Just start this week and i cant find a good reason for it icon_frown.gif

SETT,

Another possibility which seems contradictory in nature is that Nizoral can dry out your scalp.

You may want to try eliminating from your regime and use "gentler" shampoos in the meantime.

If you are using Nizoral for it's possible anti-DHT component, consider using Revita shampoo that contains the same active ingredient ketoconazole and is less harsh on the scalp.

Currently I have been using that shampoo for almost 2 months and haven't experienced any scalp dryness problems. I did however, have scalp and hair dryness issues with Nizoral.

Bill

Guest wanthairs

this may sound crazy.....but when i had this problem i rubbed organic extra virgin olive oil on my head several hours prior to having a shower and it cured the problem......