Six months post-op with Jeff Epstein

Hoping

I have got to say that if six months means only sixty percent of your hairs have grown in, then I am ecstatic with my results. 2700 grafts first 1/3 of my head. No residual symptoms in donor or receipient areas, no numbness-tingling or tightness. The scar is barely noticeable. My Barber says compared to other hair transplants he has seen it is like Night and Day, that I got the Cadillac of transplants he has seen. I am no longer completely bald in the front (I was about a Norwood 4), my wife says it looks like I have a full head of hair, maybe receding just a little bit. What is amazing to me is the difference between four months and six months. You can really see the difference. If I have any complaint it is that the HT is not as thick as I would have liked, my scalp is still somewhat visible under light but at best people would only say I am thinning, not bald. I suppose I could go back for more but don't think I will. Too much concern about shock loss etc. Maybe I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

I have got to say that if six months means only sixty percent of your hairs have grown in, then I am ecstatic with my results. 2700 grafts first 1/3 of my head. No residual symptoms in donor or receipient areas, no numbness-tingling or tightness. The scar is barely noticeable. My Barber says compared to other hair transplants he has seen it is like Night and Day, that I got the Cadillac of transplants he has seen. I am no longer completely bald in the front (I was about a Norwood 4), my wife says it looks like I have a full head of hair, maybe receding just a little bit. What is amazing to me is the difference between four months and six months. You can really see the difference. If I have any complaint it is that the HT is not as thick as I would have liked, my scalp is still somewhat visible under light but at best people would only say I am thinning, not bald. I suppose I could go back for more but don't think I will. Too much concern about shock loss etc. Maybe I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

From what I've been reading on this forum, 50%-60% growth is about right at the six-month point. I'll be at the five-month point in about a week (2nd HT) and I've seen a really nice improvement in just the last month!

Hi All

I'm just close to 4 months on my 2nd HT and I can tell you wait until 12 months. I saw the most results from 10 -12 months in my first. The hair seems to "mature" and then it's awesome.. Right now, as I said I'm at 3 1/2 months and curious to see the results.. Hard to see what the new results will be as opposed to the 1st

GOOD LUCK

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good thread here fella's!!!!!

jb--- I am just past 6 months on mine (getting ready to post some pics) and while I have experienced the "explosion" I notice that my hair keeps thickening up and subtly getting softer. Members of my family keep asking about it, and some of the guys at work keep remarking how it keeps looking thicker. I really cannot wait for months 7-10 as I think my HT will continue to mature. Of course, about that time I will be headed back to Minnesota for another round. I am hoping for 4000+, but anything above 3500 will be just dandy!!!! Congrats and good luck to all!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey guys, I'm also at 3 1/2 months and am patiently waiting for it to grow in. I have a many little hairs coming in, but not near the 1529 I had transplanted. Man, the waiting game sucks, but after reading what I have to look forward to, it makes it a bit easier to swallow.