Toppik vs. Nanogen

I am hoping that someone with experience using both of these products can give me an idea of the cosmetic differences between these two products.

I have tried Nanogen, and do not like the results that I got. I thought it was quite obvious and messy. I also used their "locking spray" and this really didn't do much to control the product.

Thanks for the insights.

I have tried both, my main problem with all concealers, is the fact that non match my hair colour which is dirty blonde! Brown is too dark and blonde is too light!

Anyway, toppik for me was the more natural colour (Blonde), whereas nanogen (dark blonde) looks a bit gingerish!

On the other hand, toppik particles are much smaller and seems dust like, whereas, nanogen particles seem to bond to the hair better and create a 'thicker' appearance. Just use a normal hair spray gel spray, much cheaper and prob better!

So all in all i rate toppik 6/10, nanogen 7/10, but if combine these products with a concealer like, courve or dermatch, both can go up to a 8. The concealer stops the shine and diminishes the different colour between hair and scalp, and the other two products give some body!

hope this is helpful!

• 1 month later...

Haven't tried Toppik enough to really give an opinion, but I really like Nanogen, especially with, as Uk_lad says, combined with dermmatch.

It takes a little time to get good at applying it though, first few times I applied either product I made a mess and didn't look that great, but got much better with practice.